Indy Grand Prix - Corner 7 Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy Grand Prix - Corner 7 Stand

We've had tickets for every Grand Prix at the top of the Corner 7 Stand at the end of the back stretch

I've renewed them every year and my account shows my renewal being placed May 28 last year.

Open up my green envelope tonight and suddenly I have seats in the freaking South Vista - same price.

My account shows my Corner 7 Stand as being cancelled and me being assigned South Vista in December.

It also shows no seats available in Corner 7 Stand - which I never remember it being completely full?

I will be calling the ticket office in the morning but has anyone heard anything about possibly the Corner 7 Stand going away?

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...hlight=Stand+7

Comment

Thanks. I obviously missed that. I searched for Corner 7, not Turn 7.

I wish they would've contacted me before giving me the freaking South Vista ....

Comment

Call - they can likely switch you to whatever you want
        Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 70

Comment

Originally posted by Since83 View Post
          Call - they can likely switch you to whatever you want
          Definitely - was planning to do so in the morning.

Good to know what happened.

So now it becomes looking for a recommendation on where to sit down in Turn 1 of the road course. What Sections in J or H does everyone recommend?

Rows GG or HH are coming up in Stand J, row GG in Stand H and row QQ in the Northwest Vista.

Looks like it will cost me another $11 each - which is probably why they gave me South Vista knowing I'm likely to call.

Loved sitting in the old seats - but have to admit there was one time I saw a car coming and didn't look like it was going to stop and I got concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by ysuindy View Post
            Definitely - was planning to do so in the morning.

Good to know what happened.

So now it becomes looking for a recommendation on where to sit down in Turn 1 of the road course. What Sections in J or H does everyone recommend?

Rows GG or HH are coming up in Stand J, row GG in Stand H and row QQ in the Northwest Vista.

Looks like it will cost me another $11 each - which is probably why they gave me South Vista knowing I'm likely to call.

Loved sitting in the old seats - but have to admit there was one time I saw a car coming and didn't look like it was going to stop and I got concerned.
            I've sat in several places for the GP. Turn 7, turn 1, infield GA, and the final turns (sw corner). Turn 1 is a great place to see lots of the track, you can see them from the final turn all the way through the kink on the infield straight, I think it was about 30 seconds you could see cars. Infield GA in the first sector is a pretty good spot if you don't mind sitting on the grass. SW corner was good, if a bit of a compromise, you can only see the cars from the short chute between 1 and 2 and then taking off down the front straight, not a lot of action through there but it's a beautiful view of the facility and you're under a roof which can be nice in the heat. If you prioritize seeing the most action over being protected from the sun then turn 1 is the best place to see the most action.
            If you make something idiot proof, the world will build a better idiot.

Comment

Update - resolved.

Called the ticket office this morning. Told me they would change my seats and that I needed to send the tickets back or bring them back to the ticket office. I took a long lunch from my downtown Indy job and drove out.

Exchanged my tickets for Stand J, Section 29 - a few rows from the top. This was the recommendation of the ticket rep and decided to run with it. I'm sure there will be room to move around and if we don't like them I can request something different for next year. No additional charge for this year, but did let me know the tickets are more expensive than what I was paying in Corner 7.

I should get the tickets in the next few weeks , along with a new renewal slip with the new seats showing.

Indicated they had left a voice mail in November / December and assigned me South Vista when I did not respond. I don't recall getting the voice mail, although I had some issues with my home answering machine late last year. I did confirm they had the correct numbers.

Thanks for all here for pointing out the other thread - at least gave me an idea of what was going on.

Really wanted to spend some more time out there just looking around but it is too damn cold today.

Comment

I've sat in Stand J, Section 28, Row BB every year, and I love it there. Great view of the north end of the track and the entire front stretch, without the fence in your line of sight. Welcome to the neighborhood!
                "If there is a place on Earth synonymous with race cars, it is Indianapolis." -- Bernie Ecclestone

"No matter where you go in the world, you say Indianapolis and they don't think about football or basketball, they think about the race." -- Richard Petty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X