Grand Prix of Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Prix of Alabama

Living in Mississippi and thinking of making the trip over to Birmingham in April. It would be the first race I will have attended in person outside of the last three 500s.

Any suggestions/tips from folks that have been to Barber before?

Barber is a great place to watch a race. If you can camp I would recommend it as everyone there is friendly and it's a beautiful spot. There are different viewing spots around the track and you can just move your chair around. I've been to most of barber's races and it's a great, affordable, race weekend.

Comment

Go, it’s a great weekend. Make sure you allocate time to go through the museum (like a couple hours). I doubt you will be disappointed.
      As Aeron said, if you can be there Fri or Sat move around the track and check out different viewing spots so you know where you want to be on Sunday. They have a tram system that goes around the perimeter road so it’s easy to change locations. The only negative is post race. Everyone is trying to get the tram and all traffic funnels out one road. So it takes forever to get a tram and traffic backs up quite a bit.

Comment

I Like Barber more than mid-ohio and road america, if that helps to cement your decision...
        "If you go, you can either win or not win. If you don't go for it, you definitely won't win." Jens Voigt

Comment

I have stayed at
          La Quinta Inn Birmingham / Cahaba Park South
          513 Cahaba Park Cir, Birmingham, AL 35242
          Normal traffic leaving the track turns left to get over to I-20. You can take some back roads by turning right and get to this hotel in about the same time.
          Lots of restaurants nearby.
          As for the track, the museum is a must, even if you've been a few years ago since it changes. I like the area just past the museum or the outside of turn 3(?) to take pictures from. for just watching, the hill above turn 2 is good or just before the pit entrance . I tend to spend a lot of time before and after the race in the pit area.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X