Pippa being signed vs USAC "Murican" driver being signed reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pippa being signed vs USAC "Murican" driver being signed reaction

I took this from another thread. But it just frustrates me. And I'm not the biggest the fan of hers but I do appreciate how she goes about her business.

Originally posted by damilt View Post
    I just remember in her comments after failing to make the show that as she sat in line the last time before going out, her car was trimmed completely out and her husband came up and saw how wicked the car was going to be and just shook his head. Kudos to Pippa for having the fortitude to take such a risk to make the 500.
    Originally posted by debdrake View Post
    As I recall, he told her later that he figured he'd be seeing her at Methodist.
    In the same scenario all you do is replace Pippa with a 30 y.o USAC sprinter and Paff and the rest of his ilk are pounding on TF's proverbial desk demanding we do more for drivers like this to "get their shots". Instead Pippa took one on the chin. Went about her business like she's done for multiple years, worked hard, found backers and is back again for another shot. Mind you all those USAC sprinters could do the same thing but for some reason they don't want to. And for that Paff immediately gets all over her.

I'm not trying to make Pippa out to be some superstar driver. She's average at best on a good day. But she has the mythical "gets it" that comes with running the I500 and it amazes me that because she's British (which have given us multiple champions) and a women she's immediately scorned as a foreigner back marker that nobody cares about even thou for all intents and purposes she's an absolute superstar with the fans.
    Last edited by Gary the Møøse; 02-28-2019, 10:27 AM.
    I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

I don't get the hate for her either man. I really don't.
    Keep in mind, I could be wrong

Comment

Rightly or wrongly, her absolute best finish in an IndyCar race is 13th, twice. Saying she's one of the likely candidates to get bumped isn't an insult; it's a perception based upon seven years of attempts. Her absolute best start at Indy is 22nd. A new team and equipment might change that; who knows.
      I am a fan of the Verizon IndyCar Series, Formula 1, and AMA Supercross. Go Oriol, Seabass, RHR, and J.R.

Comment

The sponsor that is supporting Marshall-Clauson is also the same sponsor that supported Pippa last year. So either Pippa brought the sponsor to them or as some have suggested the sponsor picked Pippa for the ride. Either way Pippa made the connection and earned the ride through her hard work and dedication - no one can deny that. People may have different opinions on her skill level as a driver and how she's going to do at Indy but it's not like she hasn't qualified for Indy before. People remember last year and say things like - "Well...that's Pippa for you..." - without considering her other Indy 500 results. Will she win the 500? I think the chances are against her but will she make the field? I think the chances of this is better then people think.
        "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

It is the same tired rants by the same tired (and not surprisingly thin-skinned) ranters.
          “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The more people dislike Pippa for seemingly no reason, the more I want her to succeed. She is the exact type of person I think the '500 is all about. Scrapping all year to gather the funds to even attempt to make the show, then when the car is slow as she attempts to qualify, they begin trimming it out to borderline dangerous levels just to have a shot to qualify. I hope she succeeds at this years Indy 500, qualifies for the race and then brings the car home (again) in one piece.
            World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Originally posted by mattf765 View Post
              I don't get the hate for her either man. I really don't.
              No hate, she is not a quality driver.. I am surprised she was allowed to have ICS license
              "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post
                It is the same tired rants by the same tired (and not surprisingly thin-skinned) ranters.
                Yup and "tired" is the key word.
                Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyZ1 View Post
                  Mind you all those USAC sprinters could do the same thing but for some reason they don't want to.
                  Because they race every week for a living. They don't have a rich daddy to pay their way.

So instead of getting paid to race they have to pay or find money to even get a chance at a ride. Let alone having a road racing type owner believe in them enough to put them in a car.

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Paff View Post
                    No hate, she is not a quality driver.. I am surprised she was allowed to have ICS license
                    How many Indy Lights wins do you have again?

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Because they race every week for a living. They don't have a rich daddy to pay their way.

So instead of getting paid to race they have to pay or find money to even get a chance at a ride. Let alone having a road racing type owner believe in them enough to put them in a car.
                      Does Pippa have a rich daddy that pays her way?

Comment

Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
                        Does Pippa have a rich daddy that pays her way?
                        That is what I have heard..

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

At the end of the day...if IndyCar believes she is up to the task and if she is able to find funding and then a team willing to take her one...I think she most definitely deserves a place at the table.
                          Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
                            How many Indy Lights wins do you have again?
                            You act like Indy Lights wins are really that impressive

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

You are not qualified to make that determination.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X