Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Basics with the LED pannels.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/02...anels-for-2019

Among the items that the LEDs can display during any NTT IndyCar Series session are:
    • A car’s running position on the leaderboard in a session, updated each time it crosses a timing loop and signified by a red number;
    • When the driver has engaged the push-to-pass overtake assist button, signified by a flashing green “PP”;
    • A clock timing a car’s pit stop, shown in red numbers counting up by tenths of a second until a pit stop reaches double-digit seconds, then in each increasing second;
    • The ability to show whether a disabled car’s engine is running, allowing the AMR INDYCAR Safety Team to more quickly respond to, restart and release the car back into competition. If the car’s engine is running, the left-side LED will display a green “snake” moving from bottom to top and the right-side display will show what gear the engine is in (including a “0” if in neutral). If the engine is not running, the left-side LED will display horizontal red bars climbing from bottom to top and the right-side LED will display the gear the engine is in.

First time I have ever seen the safety crew diagnostic readings spelled out.

Definitely a very basic "panel"
    Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Glad they are fixed, and back

Comment

definitely good news, going back to what works
      Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Great news, helps the fans in the grandstands with the running order
        "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Racer says they are the IMSA panels with small mods.
          Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Comment

IIRC, the last generation of LED panels did have an engine running/not running display as well, but no gear indicator.
            I think SPA005 made them.
            BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by PaddockMoose View Post
              Racer says they are the IMSA panels with small mods.
              If that's the case they were pretty hard to read at RA last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post
                IIRC, the last generation of LED panels did have an engine running/not running display as well, but no gear indicator.
                I think SPA005 made them.
                Yes the previous gen panels had the modes with out the gear indicators for the safety crew, but they never explained what they did for us mere mortals.

Wasn't hard to figure out, but it is still nice to see it publicly published.

Comment

Originally posted by Pole Day View Post
                  If that's the case they were pretty hard to read at RA last year.
                  The ones that were in service previously were VERY easy to read at Mid-Ohio. Hopefully this is still the case with this improved version.

I love these panels for at track viewing. They do wonders when they work for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornys View Post
                    The ones that were in service previously were VERY easy to read at Mid-Ohio. Hopefully this is still the case with this improved version.

I love these panels for at track viewing. They do wonders when they work for everybody.
                    They worked very well at Sebring as well.
                    • Too many favorites
                    Races Attended: Indy 500 (6), Indy GP (5), RA (2), RBAR (2), Sebring (1)
                    Races to Attend in 2019: TBD

Comment

They were a great addition to the series and I'm glad they found a solution. IMHO, they are almost better than a leader board.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
                        They were a great addition to the series and I'm glad they found a solution. IMHO, they are almost better than a leader board.
                        In my opinion, they remove the need for one. You never have to look away from the track and the action.

Comment

In my opinion, they remove the need for one. You never have to look away from the track and the action.
                          This will certainly cut down on the leaderboard complaints after the 500 this year (specifically for the north carousel leaderboard being inadequate)
                          FIGHT. WIN. PREVAIL!!

IndyCar fan since birth

-FanFest Indy 500 simulation winner in 1995 (or '94?) :D

Comment

Agreed. It's nice to be able to see the entire running order at a glance, but as far as following the on track action, they are awesome. more time watching the track and less staring at the app on my phone.

Unfortunately I've only seen them at Pocono, but I had zero problem seeing them from the top of the grandstands in bright light. A+addition to the series.

often simple is better.

Comment

Originally posted by indyfan320i View Post
                              This will certainly cut down on the leaderboard complaints after the 500 this year (specifically for the north carousel leaderboard being inadequate)
                              And South!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X