Clauson-Marshall Racing to Announce Indy 500 Entry at 2:00pm ET today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clauson-Marshall Racing to Announce Indy 500 Entry at 2:00pm ET today

Per their Twitter account, they are entering this year's 500 and announcing the details on Facebook at 2:00.

This is the USAC Midget/Sprint team owned by Tim Clauson and Richard Marshall who race in Bryan Clauson's memory.
    Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

Cool
    Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Comment

This is expected to be Pippa Mann's entry. Good luck to the team, I'll be curious to see what all details they announce. I wish them success at the '500
      World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Very cool! Always great to see little teams entering, and the Clauson name is icing on the cake.

I wonder if this will be the strange driver/owner combo that Marshall Pruett was talking about.
        "Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-holder."

15G. Rahal
        5 J. Hinchcliffe
        18. S Bourdais
        98 A. Rossi

Comment

Best of luck
          "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

With the hoped for increased car counts it will be a big challenge for Indy only teams to make the show, but this will be one team that i will be pulling for and hoping it is something the team and family can build on for the future, they as well as Pippa are class acts.

Comment

Originally posted by @IMS on Twitter
               BREAKING 

@ClausonMarshall the @USACNation champion team, announced they are partnering with @RossMotorsport, @INDonorNetwork, and their @Driven2Save campaign to field an entry for the #Indy500 presented by @GainbridgeLifedriven by @PippaMann!

#ThisIsMay | #IMS | #INDYCAR

About Ross Motorsports
              "Ross Motorsports is owned by Stanley Ross. They were a part owner of the Tasman Motorsports Group, which included Indy Lights and IndyCar teams. Ross Motorsports was involved with Bobby Rahal in bringing Danica Patrick into Formula Atlantic and IndyCar racing. Stanley Ross then donated the car, in which Patrick led the Indy 500, to the IMS museum. Ross is a longtime vintage racer and is listed in The Road Racing Drivers Club. Ross is highly philanthropic and has supported large charities in Indianapolis, including Indiana University Health LifeLine and Indiana Donor Network Foundation."

Pippa to drive @Driven2Save @TeamChevy #39
              Story: http://www.pippamann.com/2019/02/27/...ianapolis-500/

• Too many favorites
              Races Attended: Indy 500 (6), Indy GP (5), RA (2), RBAR (2), Sebring (1)
              Races to Attend in 2019: TBD

Comment

With the hoped for increased car counts it will be a big challenge for Indy only teams to make the show
                Possibly a cyclic thing - more "little guys" (LG's) entering is good, but it means that some teams don't make Indy at all, which are mostly the LG's, which means some of them end up unable to afford things and reduces the number of LG's for a time, then it grows again?
                Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

If this is not a classic one off team that I remember from the 80s and early 90s then I don’t know what is
                  "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

Originally posted by slompappy View Post
                    If this is not a classic one off team that I remember from the 80s and early 90s then I don’t know what is
                    minus the ride buying driver, it absolutely is.

which is why i am so conflicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree0404 View Post

A driver with experience. Which is a definite requirement for this new team.

I’m happy for the team and all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree0404 View Post

If nothing else, I think she's earned her seat with all the work she's done being fan-friendly, and promoting the series and various causes.
                        I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
                          A driver with experience. Which is a definite requirement for this new team.

I’m happy for the team and all involved.
                          Bad experience but experience
                          "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake View Post
                            If nothing else, I think she's earned her seat with all the work she's done being fan-friendly, and promoting the series and various causes.
                            Yeah her being an extremely popular driver locally was one of the things I was considering
                            Last edited by slompappy; 02-27-2019, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slompappy View Post
                              Yeah an extremely popular local driver was one of the things I was considering
                              Local driver? She is British.. Ed Carpenter is a local driver
                              "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X