Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McLaren Partner

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/201...vNyjL0qjhPy2Cw
    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Good for them. Doesn't say that ScanSource will be the primary sponsor but any sponsor announcement is a good thing.

Somewhat related, I've noticed consistency in the wording of press releases announcing drivers and sponsors, and the wording just kills me. "We are delighted...." and "I am thrilled...". Honestly, who uses those words in day-to-day conversation on a regular basis? No matter the team, this language seems consistent, and it strikes me as being just PR babble.

Comment

it's PR babble..... consistency within the Indycar message. Midwestern politeness and all that.

This paragraph is nearly cut an paste out of any sponsorship announcement:

"Like ScanSource, McLaren is committed to driving growth for their partners, while also delivering an exceptional customer experience. Their reputation for providing leading-edge technology, while keeping a keen eye on the future, makes them an ideal partner for ScanSource. We look forward to taking part in the Indy 500, as well as the continued growth of our relationship"

You could make a template out of the whole thing and use it for just about every announcement:

Like <insert partner 1 here>, <insert partner 2 here> is committed to driving growth for their partners, while also delivering an exceptional customer experience. Their reputation for providing leading-edge technology, while keeping a keen eye on the future, makes them an ideal partner for <insert partner 1 here>. We look forward to taking part in the <enter event>, as well as the continued growth of our relationship.

I somewhat jokingly responded to my son the other day "well, that would be problematic". He stopped dead and just said "Problematic? who the EFF talks like that". I just responded " Mah bad Fam, that SH won't fly. Better?"

Comment

Interesting. I did a proposal for them a few years back.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4233/kiawp.jpg
        Peters Motorsports Designs
        Web - http://www.petersmotorsports.com
        Twitter- @petersmtrsprts

Comment

H

Comment

AutoNation on board too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
              I somewhat jokingly responded to my son the other day "well, that would be problematic". He stopped dead and just said "Problematic? who the EFF talks like that". I just responded " Mah bad Fam, that SH won't fly. Better?"
              The correct response would have been "smart people".

Back on topic:
              "Ever sense McLaren was a young car company we have always wanted to work with ScanSource, and couldn't be more happy to represent them in the World's Greatest Autorace, The Indianapolis 500".
              "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

I since an error in the above.
                "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
                "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by fenderless View Post
                  Did someone let Spike know?
                  If you make something idiot proof, the world will build a better idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderless View Post
                    Since when?
                    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X