IndyCar international TV broadcasters list - if is any

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IndyCar international TV broadcasters list - if is any

If you know who will broadcast the races outside US, please post it here.

In Europe its very poor coverage since 2001 . (after Eurosport end the coverages)
    I struggle every year to find a TV channel where I can watch the races.

Buy the way, Eurosport International HD broadcast all Formula E live even the qualifications too.
    So after F1 , Formula E coming strong in Europe.

So if IndyCar its not on TV, how do you want to grow globally ?

Originally posted by paco68 View Post
    If you know who will broadcast the races outside US, please post it here.

In Europe its very poor coverage since 2001 . (after Eurosport end the coverages)
    I struggle every year to find a TV channel where I can watch the races.

Buy the way, Eurosport International HD broadcast all Formula E live even the qualifications too.
    So after F1 , Formula E coming strong in Europe.

So if IndyCar its not on TV, how do you want to grow globally ?
    Where are you in Europe? To say it's had poor coverage in Europe of late isn't exactly strictly true...

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie View Post
      Where are you in Europe? To say it's had poor coverage in Europe of late isn't exactly strictly true...
      It is. And since United Kingdom is no longer part of Europe it will be even more so.

There are only two ways to grow IndyCar globally, either give TV rights away for free channels if they promote or play the long game and put it free on Internet so everybody who cares can send a link to their friends and sell ad revenue themselves. The days of being burried in some obscure sports package are long gone and wont move the needle.

Comment

Ok so I live in Eastern Europe. A little history :

After Eurosport loose F1 in 1997 they started to broadcast CART. Since I started to watch IndyCar.

In 2002 I mount a satellite antenna to catch MotorsTV from UK , that was free on that year !
        But in 2003 they go in Sky packet so not free anymore.
        So I started to find card shareing partners. If you no what is mean.
        So each year I needed to adapt to the new situatian.

Here is my list :

2002 ~ 2003 MotorsTV from UK
        200 ~ AB Motouers France
        200 ~ ESPN UK
        2009 ~ BT Sports ~ 1 year ( no more shareing )
        2011 ~ US 1 Sport DE ~ 2-3 years
        2012 ~ C More Norwegian - 2 years
        2015 ~ 2017 Digi Sport - Hungary + Romania
        2018 Nova Sport Slovakia - only !!!!

So this is a big mess !

So lets see, right now I can catch 10 dedicated Sport channel in HD from different provider.
        But no sign for IndyCar in 20019 !

Only die-hard fans like me remains and know what IndyCar is in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurk View Post
          It is. And since United Kingdom is no longer part of Europe it will be even more so.
          We are a part of Europe, and always will be given it's a continent. It's only the European Union we are unfortunately leaving.

Comment

We are a part of Europe, and always will be given it's a continent. It's only the European Union we are unfortunately leaving.
            I think Brexit will not happen !

From this year IndyCar Media to manage international media rights.

They said:
            “In the highest-priority countries, we will work more closely with our broadcast partners to define market-specific opportunities, and we will grow our international audiences by focusing on these specific needs. We can enhance the amount of video content by creating new clips or drawing from our extensive archives.”

So "highest-priority countries", this is bu.ls..t !

In Europe is more then 30 country ! Only if you came globally you can succeed.

Comment

To be fair, most European countries haven't had their rights announced yet - I can only say be patient at this stage and see what comes about.

Comment

Streams, torrents, youtube. Except for streams, it won't be live, but unless there's a huge crash (Franchitti, Wickens) or worse, you won't be spoiled.

Comment

I've watched IndyCar the illegal way for many years until IndyCar became available on ESPN Player. For this year I bought a VPN and so I also bought the NBC Gold IndyCar pass. But there are enough ways to watch IndyCar live and believe me... Watching your favorite sport on illegal livestreams... You'll get used to it. I'll have to go the old way again for the races only in this case, since with NBC Gold those are only available on demand.
                  IndyCar fan4ever.

Comment

In 2017 I used the ESPN player, which was alright when it worked but pretty expensive. Last season, I streamed it on DAZN, which worked well and not too pricey, especially since they show all kinds of other sports (and even WRC since 2019, which is a nice bonus). Downside are the German announcers who really try but are really not that well informed and mix up a bunch of things all the time.

I'm curious what this year's solution is gonna be. DAZN with the NBC crew would be perfect for me, but we'll see what they come up with.

Comment

In terms of Australia, FOXTEL's new sports streaming service lists IndyCar on their broadcast list (when broadcast live on ESPN Australia), however it could just be a placeholder from last year as they had NASCAR when it was first announced (removed when NASCAR & FOX (or any other channel) didn't come to a agreement for broadcast rights for 2019)
                      https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/art...ion#Motorsport

Comment

Sky Sport will broadcast IndyCar in New Zealand
                        https://www.sky.co.nz/-/sky-sport-se...torsport-deals

seeing some posts on Twitter that FOX Sports has picked up the series in Australia as well (was previously on ESPN). If this is the case, streaming would also be on the new Kayo service run by FOXTEL (parent co)
                        https://twitter.com/kitchtrips/statu...69484972625920

Comment

Here in South America we still have no news.
                          I asked Andrés Agulla, who is the IndyCar commentator for 16 years on ESPN, and he replied that "Unfortunately nothing is still known."

Comment

https://www.nentgroup.com/news/press...ons-1651868%23

Been out for a while, but NENT Group has the rights for Sweden/Finland/Norway/Denmark

Comment

Originally posted by HUASOLANDIA View Post
                              Here in South America we still have no news.
                              I asked Andrés Agulla, who is the IndyCar commentator for 16 years on ESPN, and he replied that "Unfortunately nothing is still known."
                              Thanks for the update

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X