Indy 500 Hotel Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy 500 Hotel Suggestions

Hey TF, the family is ready to take the trek out to Indy for the 500 for the first time since 2012.

That year we did a Travelocity (or something similar) for air and hotel.

This year I am going to drive, so the only thing we need is hotel. I have attended 4 500's and did the hotel thing a different way almost every time. The first couple of times I stayed in Bloomington to avoid the jacked up hotel rates. Of course the tradeoff there is driving distance to the Speedway.

Should I try one of those travel places again or does anyone here have another suggestion? Would like to hear from experience pros who have had a good experience.
    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

I have had good luck because I book my stay almost a year in advance. Choice hotels,comfort inn. Not 5 star but clean and comfortable. Also close to the track. Good luck
    PAY NO MORE.
    Be there or be square.

Comment

I figured a high roller like mdkiel would already be booked at the JW. -cap
      It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Originally posted by mdkiel View Post
        Hey TF, the family is ready to take the trek out to Indy for the 500 for the first time since 2012.

This year I am going to drive, so the only thing we need is hotel. I have attended 4 500's and did the hotel thing a different way almost every time. The first couple of times I stayed in Bloomington to avoid the jacked up hotel rates. Of course the tradeoff there is driving distance to the Speedway.

Should I try one of those travel places again or does anyone here have another suggestion? Would like to hear from experience pros who have had a good experience.
        I went for the first time last year so obviously I'm a pro (lol) but I stayed in Columbus, which I think is due east of Bloomington. The 45 minute drive to the airport to pick up the shuttle to the track was great. I couldn't imagine doing it any other way. Part of that is because I have a 6 hour drive back home to Alabama so hanging out in a parking lot for several hours instead of a shuttle to the airport isn't an option unless I wanted to spend another night in a hotel.

Comment

In 2016 and 2018 I went to Comfort Suites in Brownsburg. I recommend that one. Last year however, they were renovating the entrance so that part looked more like Concrete Suites.
          IndyCar fan4ever.

Comment

I live on the Southside of Indy. My sister and brother in law stay in the Southport area at the Courtyard by Marriott. Easy to get onto 465 and swing around to the track that way. Dont know how much you want to spend but they enjoy staying there and lots of places to eat!

Originally posted by mdkiel View Post

Comment

Just yesterday I booked my room for the 2020 race. $145/night - near the airport - seemed very reasonable. 2020 will be my first year in a hotel after many many years of camping. Curious to see how it works out.
              "They say you can't win them all. But I don't know why not." - Levi Jones

www.Indy500Database.com

Comment

My Cousin's house in Pendleton.
                ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseczar View Post
                  My Cousin's house in Pendleton.
                  How much a night? Are there any openings?

Comment

Consider AirBnb.

Comment

There's a million options that depend on your budget, your hotel preference, and how close to the track you want to stay. Several of the dive hotels either have been or are being renovated.
                      Center Grove Trojans
                      2008 5A Football State Champs
                      2015 6A Football State Champs
                      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Days Inn Cloverdale probably has rooms available. Sometimes you get bonus used toothbrushes, half full gallons of iced tea, and balls of hair in your room at no additional cost.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. We picked the Hampton Inn in W/Zionsville.

Plenty of time to cancel if anyone weighs in with bad reviews.
                          "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

It should be fine, not a year old.
                            Gotta go into Z'ville to Friendly Tavern. No kids there though if you have under 21 yo's with you.
                            They and Carolina Grill have good tenderloins.

Comment

Probably a long shot, but there is a brand new, not even open yet, Courtyard by Marriott at Crawfordsville Road and I-465.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X