Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Indianapolis 500 Countdown Thread

100 Days!

Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

The rules... tomorrow we post pics of car #99... and so forth. Please post ONE pic and walk away so others can participate. Don't hotlink images, host them on your own imageshack, etc. Have fun!
    Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

Comment

And wait for the mods to shut this thread down again this year for unauthorized posting of copyrighted photographs!

(Using ImageShack doesn’t mitigate that...)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken-Paul View Post
        And wait for the mods to shut this thread down again this year for unauthorized posting of copyrighted photographs!

...and then search one of the years where the thread made it all the way through and you good to go.

(Tell Spike I wrote it that way on purpose.)
        "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Ken-Paul View Post

Ugh, I did not know that. We have a Daytona Countdown on many boards and it goes off without a hitch. Bummer.

Comment

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...ountdown/page3

Not all the photos still display, but this is a starter.
            "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

I always used to look forward to this thread, it's sad that we can't really do it anymore. But I understand why not.
              World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

The mods can delete this thread please... I'm on to Facebook and social media where apparently it's totally fine to post any images you find. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 11rowsof3 View Post
                  The mods can delete this thread please... I'm on to Facebook and social media where apparently it's totally fine to post any images you find. lol
                  You've been lucky. I've gotten several notices from AT&T asking me to remove copyrighted material from social media accounts. It's always due to my son uploading images related to the video games he likes. I'd think the video game makers would welcome publicity generated by their fans, but apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by Buellboy View Post
                    You've been lucky. I've gotten several notices from AT&T asking me to remove copyrighted material from social media accounts. It's always due to my son uploading images related to the video games he likes. I'd think the video game makers would welcome publicity generated by their fans, but apparently not.
                    it depends on what it is, I've seen F1 take down some iRacing videos on YouTube because the auto generator thought it was real because the camera angles were similar when at a F1 venue with any of the rear engine open wheel cars

Other times it's because there is copyrighted logos and the like being seen while streaming. Could even be approved by the game developer & the sites take it down regardless. Some of the bigger online platforms like iRacing has strict rules on what can be used for like paint schemes when it's being streamed on YouTube & other social media sites

Comment

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Facebook seems to be a good alternative. One of the groups I belong to is doing a photo countdown.

Comment

The 2016 thread was pretty good.
                          Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Comment

Originally posted by 11rowsof3 View Post
                            I'm on to Facebook and social media where apparently it's totally fine to post any images you find. lol
                            I wouldn’t expect to have that go on too much longer as some members can attest to.

Comment

2020? Coming up soon, it is like 90 days to May....
                              No signature required

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X