Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mclaren will team up with Carlin racing for the 500 per Jim Ayello

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ps/2859574002/
    I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

A bit of a step down from AA.
    Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Indy GP?
      "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Comment

The second-year Chevrolet-powered IndyCar team will lend technical and operational support as well as share data and some personnel with McLaren, also a Chevrolet-powered program. In addition, Carlin will provide garage space for McLaren's 500 program.
        There will be quite a few McLaren pros on the pit stand plus engineers loaned from Pratt/Miller and Ilmor.
        "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Lets hope Scott Goodyear isn't Alonso's turn 4 spotter.....

Comment

That's odd. I would think that McLaren would want to pair with a team further up the grid. This really lowers my expectations, sadly.
            I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
            Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

Originally posted by brundle View Post
              That's odd. I would think that McLaren would want to pair with a team further up the grid. This really lowers my expectations, sadly.
              Don’t let last years results soften your feelings about Carlin. Look at their European programs and even their Indy Lights results. Carlin is a serious team capable of moving up the grid fast. It’s a good team, driving wise they could improve a little but as a team don’t underestimate them.

Comment

Don't McLaren and Carlin have a connection via Lando Norris?
                "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Why not partner with ECR, a team established at Indy and always a threat at IMS?
                  World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Makes sense to me. First off, Carlin is European. Second, the Chevy was the engine to have last year at Indy. I will be surprised if Alonso isn't among the fastest all month long at Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                      Makes sense to me. First off, Carlin is European. Second, the Chevy was the engine to have last year at Indy. I will be surprised if Alonso isn't among the fastest all month long at Indy.
                      3 Honda's in the top 5, it was a pretty even battle all day from my memory. The only year in recent memory where Chevy was the clear advantage was 2015 when they ran over Honda, that wasn't the case last year.

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
                        Why not partner with ECR, a team established at Indy and always a threat at IMS?
                        Perhaps ECR said no. Alonso would be a threat to Ed having a chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Baulz View Post
                          Perhaps ECR said no. Alonso would be a threat to Ed having a chance to win.
                          True, but I'd imagine that ECR could use the $$ given that Fuzzy's left and to my knowledge they haven't announced their new sponsors for 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                            Carlin's indycar operations are out of Delray Beach, FL. While the ownership is European, I fail to see how this adds anything to the relationship between McLaren and Carlin. Zak Brown is American, and Fernando speaks English pretty well.
                            I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
                            Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
                              Lets hope Scott Goodyear isn't Alonso's turn 4 spotter.....
                              You can't have that problem anymore.. Directly because of it, the pace car is parked well before the flag is thrown.
                              Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X