No announcement yet.

Vintage Indianapolis 500/Month of May Radio Broadcast Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see how it can be 65 because the "unrestored" version was put up by the Speedway on Soundcloud for a brief time and I would think if that was being worked on, it wouldn't have been put up. 56 and 57 would be the best bets unless it were one of the earlier races like 52, or one of the late 40s ones.

Comment

• I can confirm through “Lotus” that 1965 is not involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Paddon View Post
        I don't see how it can be 65 because the "unrestored" version was put up by the Speedway on Soundcloud for a brief time and I would think if that was being worked on, it wouldn't have been put up. 56 and 57 would be the best bets unless it were one of the earlier races like 52, or one of the late 40s ones.
        Hour-long versions of 1953 and 1954 were offered as part of the "Heroes of the 500" series on WIBC/WFNI back in 2013-2014. But so far not the full broadcasts yet.
        Doctorindy.com

Comment

• Any updates on potential new releases? My money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Comment

• IIRC, it was leaked on TOGA the other day that 1957 is in the works.
            Doctorindy.com

Comment

• 57 would be great! Thanks for the news.

Comment

• So.....any chance this will be ready before the end of the year or is it more likely not until next year?

Comment

• Ready for 1957! Lining up my 2021 playlist now...
                  "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

• ‘56 & ‘57 would be great to fill the small gap at the beginning.
                    I know there’s the “500 in 60” versions of ‘53 & ‘54.
                    Any chance there’s enough of them for a full race at some point?
                    “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
                    I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
                    I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Paddon View Post
                      So.....any chance this will be ready before the end of the year or is it more likely not until next year?
                      Thank you for asking.

It is unlikely there will be any additional releases this year. We hope to be able to continue the program in the future.

Thank you for your interest in the program.

Comment

• Well. that's disappointing news. Thanks for the update and be sure to let us know if there is anything WE can do to help move this along.

Comment

• Listening to the fine radio broadcast restorations right now and wondering if 2021 will bring any more releases.
                          "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

• 3a42b15a3654c91b0274d8c44f022627.png

Comment

• Don't have any information, but my gut feeling ... which might just be post-lunch indigestion ... is that this project probably didn't make enough money from the old-school true believer fans who are the only remaining market for such things to make it feasible or sustainable, and is unlikely to be high on the speedway's priority list moving forward especially post-COVID.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big G 94 View Post
                                Don't have any information, but my gut feeling ... which might just be post-lunch indigestion ... is that this project probably didn't make enough money from the old-school true believer fans who are the only remaining market for such things to make it feasible or sustainable, and is unlikely to be high on the speedway's priority list moving forward especially post-COVID.
                                Not to mention the only person who cared about the project and did all the work isn't there anymore.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X