OT-Hey BigWheelHawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-Hey BigWheelHawaii

I've been reading some interesting stuff for the last couple of days about the last surviving ship from 12/7/41 named the Hoga, and how a group from Hawaii was trying to get the navy to release the ship to them for display along with the Missouri, and Arizona. Do you know anything about the current status of the project? Most of the news I can find is a couple of months old.
    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Here's something from about 2 weeks ago, including contact info:
    Local group tries to save historic tug

There hasn't been very much on the TV news about it (thought I saw a very brief blurb maybe 5 weeks ago).

Comment

Thanks, for some reason this story just fascinates me. I'd hate to see the Hoga end up anywhere but Hawaii but I guess that beats the scrap yard.
      Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Aloha B,,,,

No havn't heard much about that ship....

Keep us posted,,,, sound's like Pearl would be a great spot for it...

Aloha Buddie
        Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Hey Hawaii - How come your posts tend to sound like poems and you use commas alot.? ",,,,,,,"?

Comment

Originally posted by

Racer1198:
            <STRONG>

Hey Hawaii - How come your posts tend to sound like poems and you use commas alot.? ",,,,,,,"?

</STRONG>
            Aloha 1198

Well really,,, I must finally admit... I am on,,, a one man crusade,,, "Powrer to the Comma"...

Through out history,,, every sentence get's a period,,,, or some other form of punchuation... But,,, not every sentence,,,, get's,,,, a "Comma",,, and I plan to change that....

That's just not fair,,, and I've been planning,,, to do something about it,,,,, for a long time...

Period's,,, Question Mark's,,, who really cares,,, it's all like,,,, Auto Cross,,, who really cares...

Period's,,,, are the "Ride Buyer's,,,, of Literature... They are all just forced upon us,,, by racing writer's,,, and other,,, know it all's...

But,,,, The Comma,,,,, is just like the "Local Short Tracker",,, it's the real backbone of the writen word...

The Comma,,, is by far,,,, the most important,,,, part of any sentence,,,, period... I just finally,,, had enough,,,,that all,,, period...

Power,,,, to the Comma...

Now you know why,,,,, every time,,,, I hear a car,,, pull into my driveway,,, and when I hear the the door slam,,,, I just turn cold.... I know it's them,,, those little men,,,, in their "White Suit's... The little men,,,, with their big nets,,,, coming to vist me,,,, again,,,, period....

Hope this helps some....

Aloha Buddie,,, Mr. 1198

[ August 23, 2002: Message edited by: BigWheelHawaii ]
            Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Comment

Dam Earle I am begining to think you have been on that rock way to long, Ha
              aXe, aXe, aXe, aXe, and dont you forget it!
              Ps lets get that little TYKE right OK?

[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: aXe ]
              Born Again Race Fan seen at
              www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

Originally posted by aXe:
                <STRONG>Dam Earle I am begining to think you have been on that rock way to long, Ha</STRONG>
                D.S., not only is BigWheel not me, I've never met him before (to my knowledge).

And since we're correcting spelling...it's Earl, not Earle.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWheelHawaii:
                  <STRONG>Now you also know why,,,,, every time,,,, I hear a car pull into my driveway,,, the door slam,,,, I think it's,,,,, them little men,,,, in their,,,, "White Suit's,,,,, again,,,, the little men,,,, with their big nets,,,, coming to get m,,,, again....</STRONG>
                  On a completely different topic, have you ever read Insomnia b Stephen King? Good book. it might explain your "sightings."

PS - You have to read the Dark Tower series to completely understand some of its story.
                  He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Aloha BSJ,,,,

Wow I just read that artical from,,, Mr Union...

I remember now,,, seeing the Tug,,, in Oakland,,, and then later in San Francisco,,, ten year's ago...

There's one gentleman on this Rock,,, that has been digging up old war relic's for a long time... He's now trying to get a musuem open,,, to display his collection.... Next time I see Frankie,,, I will ask him about this Tug... He's a young man,,, but has spent his whole life digging stuff up,,, here on Maui,,, from what I understand... Pretty knowledgeable guy,,, about the "Big War"... He live's up country also,,, and work's for the water dept,,,so I see him quite often... I know he went over to Pearl,,, and rode the Missouri in through the channel... So he up on all this stuff...

He alway's in the local paper,,, digging something up... Right where I live now,,, was the "Home of the 4th Marine Division... So lot's of "Little Marine's" around here,,, about my age now... They laugh about it,,," my Daddy,,, "Giggle Hill Marine"... LOL,,,,

You see a few Licence Plate's here,,, from World War Two Veterans,,, with the marking's of 442nd... The "Go For Broke",,, Nisei Outfit... I have been honored to meet a dozen or so of them,,, at least enough to shake their hand... Quite bunch of Hero's,,, they don't talk much... I went to the Bon Dance at the local Buddhist Temple last month,,,they had an Honor Dress Down and played Tap's for the Missing... It was quit sad,,, really... They are getting old now... They really took a beating in Italy,,, big time..

Here a link you might like to view...
                    http://www.webcom.com/akato/home.html

Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Comment

Aloha Mr Union,,,,

I think Dennis the Menis,,, was poking fun at me... But,,, that's me name,,, and part's of me address... Earle,,, with an extra e... LOL

Mr. Union
                      Do you live On the Rock also ??? I see that article on the Tug,,, was from the Lu Lu Star...

Well a Big Aloha to you,,, Earl,,,from Earle,,, with the extra E...

And a Big Aloha to you too aXe,,or AxE...

Any yes,,, I will repair the Little Tyke's name,,, Mahalo... Hope she does good,,, more important,,, hope it's a safe weekend for her...

Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Comment

<STRONG>Aloha Mr Union,,,,

I think Dennis the Menis,,, was poking fun at me... But,,, that's me name,,, and part's of me address... Earle,,, with an extra e... LOL

Mr. Union
                        Do you live On the Rock also ??? I see that article on the Tug,,, was from the Lu Lu Star...

Well a Big Aloha to you,,, Earl,,,from Earle,,, with the extra E...</STRONG>
                        I'm on one of the rocks, yes (and I'm still trying to figure out WHICH Haiku you're at).

If that means next to Kaneohe as opposed to Maui, then we'll have to drag you out of hiding for next year's MG Karting Clinic.

And since Dennis and I know each other from another group, I thought it was a reasonable assumption he was talking specifically to me...scary, huh?

The article was actually from the Advertiser - haven't researched the Star-Bulletin.

Comment

<STRONG>here on Maui,,,</STRONG>
                          Gotcha...missed that the first time. Well at any rate, we had our first Maui contingent at the Clinic last year, so you'll still have an excuse to show up.

Comment

Aloha Mr. Union,,,

I got ya,,,,
                            Any time you get fooling with or close to the Big D,,, it's scary... We've been friend's and ememies for over 30 year's... He's a real pain in the Azz,,, but a great friend... One of the most knowledgeable race car guys I have ever met... He's like Buddy Baker,,, he can tell you what's going to happen on a race track... He see thing's before they happen,,, much like Buddy Baker... He doesn't know "bean's about a computer,,, and someday he may even learn to drive an automobile... Never get in a car with him,,, he's clueless,,, zero,,zip,,nada... A real crowd killer,,, behind the wheel... If you ever have to ride in a car with him,,, you drive... Then tell him to get in,,, buckle up,,, look out the window,,, and shut up...

I chased some kart guy down here,,, a couple of weeks ago,,, I finally got him stopped,,, in Makawao,,, real nice guy with his boy... I knew they must be running down at the Old Air Base... I wanted to know how many kart's they had running and he invited me down to watch... I might go down,,, real nice man... He was so proud of his kart's and so proud of this boy... His boy was doing most of the driving now... I go down,,, just to meet him and the boy again... Nice people...

Aloha to you,,,, seem's like a great sport...

Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X