Looking for IndyStar article on Hearn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for IndyStar article on Hearn

About 3 days ago, I came across an IndyStar piece (can't recall if it was by Cavin or Ballard) - primarily focusing on Hallisky but towards the end having a section with a few paragraphs on Hearn, which included the first quotes I've seen from Richie about the accident and his injuries (saying, among other things, HANS basically saved his life). But I cannot seem to find it on the site anymore. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Try this link I think it is what you are looking for

IRL Crew Member to Undergo Surgery

Hearn, of Las Vegas, broke his ankle joint in five places, requiring four screws. Scheid, who performed the surgery, expects the healing process to take 8-10 weeks. The danger is that the area is susceptible to arthritis later, Scheid said.

"It could have been a lot worse," said Hearn, who never lost consciousness despite hitting the wall with the front of his car. "Other than a bruise on the top of my left foot, I really don’t have a mark on my body. The (head-and-neck safety device) basically saved my life."
    [ August 21, 2002: Message edited by: stymie ]
    "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X