Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming To Gateway? - A Saturday Night Idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming To Gateway? - A Saturday Night Idea...

USAC midgets on the 1/2 mile dirt at Tri-City. Wente says they are expecting about 30-35 cars, should be a good show.
    "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

I'm going!!

Comment

Me too!

Comment

That's a nice track for the midgets. If they water it, or the weather cooperates, it could be great.

BTW,

Gateway and Tri-City are on the same road. Just head north on 203 from Gateway, and you'll drive right past Tri-City in about 20 minutes.
        We flipped our finger to the King of England
        Stole our country from the Indians
        With god on our side and guns in our hands
        We took it for our own!

Comment

anybody know what time things get started?

Comment

I should be going with a ride from rrrr.

Comment

Hi all,
              I am the race director at Tri City Speedway. If you can make it up to the races tonight, you will not be disappointed. Our track prep crew is the best I have ever seen. We are very proud of their "lighning fast" tacky track surfaces. Jeff Gordon holds the track record of 22.209, I expect that will not hold tonight! Hot laps are at 6:30.
              I would really enjoy meeting every one of my TF friends tonight. After the races I will be hanging near the concession stands, come by and say hi.
              Thanks,
              "Bronco" Billy Molkenbur

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: BroncoBilly84 ]

Comment

So, has anyone got a follow-up report?

Comment

Wow, what s show. The track conditions during qualifying were perfect. Sarah McCune set quick time with a track record 20.6, Aaron Fike was second quick with a 20.8.

The racing was good all night. I was in the pits helping out on the 69 and the 32, happy to report I still have not been fired from my job as gofer recruit 3rd Class. Aaron won his heat after AJ blew a RR tire and crashed. The guys got the car fixed and AJ won the B main.

The feature was a good race, JJ Yeley had it hand most of the way. There was good action all through the pack. Tyce Carlson showed up and took a run in Donny Lehmann's backup car. He shook off the rust pretty quickly and looked good. Donny had problems with his car so Tyce had to switch with him. Nice seeing you in a car again, Tyce.

Sorry this isn't a better report but I missed some of the heats and was really watching the Fikes mostly.

Tri City is a great facility. The concessions were reasonably priced, the racing surface was expertly prepared and there was a large crowd. I had a blast. Thanks, Billy. See ya next year!

Comment

You can say that again, rrrr.

Sorry I missed it.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse