Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will there be an IPS race at the speedway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will there be an IPS race at the speedway?

just curious.
    aXe
    Born Again Race Fan seen at
    www.openwheelracers3.com

I have always heard no.

Might be a neat idea for CARB day.

Comment

I had always hoped not...

Comment

I doubt it.

Comment

Why don't people like this idea?

Comment

We can only hope not.
            The perfect fit for the IPS is at IRP.

Comment

I think an IPS race would be great. Have it the Saturday before bump day.

If they can do IROC before the Brickyard they can do an IPS race before the 500.
              Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

I'd love to see IPS at IMS soemtime during the month of May, like on Carb Day, Saturday before the race, or the middle qualifying day... anytime, I don't care.

And why not? We've already had IROC, Porshe Supercup and the Ferrari Challenge on the track. It would be great exposure for teams, drivers and sponsors of the feeder series.
                Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

i say yes! it must be a new tradition if ips is going to be our ladder series!

Comment

I thaugh the plan was to have them race at IRP in May and then IMS as a prelim for the USGP.

[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: stymie ]
                    "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

I talked to a team owner about IRP, he said his cars would remain in the shop if that race ever came about. Too tight to race that type of car there, according to him.

Comment

Yep, I'm not seeing the IRP thing, either. The IPS cars may seem like formaula fords when you see them at a place like MIS, but they're not even close. There is actually quite a bit of race car there. And why run at IRP in front of 100s when you can run at IMS in front of 1000s?
                        Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

Well it seemed like a good question when i posed it.
                          But those IPS car were about forty mph slower than the IRL cars at TMS.
                          Why not run there if the series is supposed to ba a training ground to move up to the IRL and race there?
                          aXe
                          Born Again Race Fan seen at
                          www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

aXe, the question you pose does have merit as a topic for discussion.

Argueably (sp?), the speedway is currently the venue that has the highest attendance and has the largest TV audience for the premier level of the three top professional means of automobile racing (my pardons to the NHRA pro ranks, the shut-off area just isn't there).

If the IPS (a ladder series) is added, does that mean there has to be a date for BGN? NCTS? F3? I don't know what the answer is. I just pose the direction this continues.

Comment

Run it on carb day between final practice for the IRL cars and the pit stop competition, This would give the competitors in the pit stop competition more time to get their qualified cars back in the garage area and get ready for the tire smokin thrilling non-stop action of the Coors Light Pit Stop Competition. The Pro Series cars could practice on Tuesday, qualify on Wednesday and race on Thursday. Then the "ole girl" just might attract more people to come out to enjoy what normally is a very dull three days
                              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎