Richmond Int. Raceway Deal $89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond Int. Raceway Deal $89

What is wrong with the IRL? I am getting calls at work and at home for an RV pass for the 2002 race, plus they send me this deal (see below for deal) in the mail 4 days after they call me on the phone and it is only Jan. Pretty impressive to market to a guy that lives in Indy 11 hours away from the track.

This is not like our beloved IRL to work with tracks that actually try to get fans in the stands. I can't stand the pressure the IRL is putting on me these days. Now I am hyped up on going to a race they are selling me and it is still 6 months away.

I know someone mentioned this deal before on TF, but I never knew it included 3 schedule 80 coldies, a weekend pitpass, Bar-B-Que Buffet with unlimited soda and tickets with an added bonus of a stylish soft sided cooler to carry the coldies in plus you get to see taxi cabs go around in circles with no fenders Friday. (Which turned out to be a good race last year)

This is ridiculous. I wish we could go back to the good old days when the $3 million sanctioning fees forced the tracks to pass the costs on to the fans with high ticket prices, $50 pit passes and $5 warm 12 ounce schedule 40 beers. Indy racing just isn't the same since 96.

By the way, where did those races go that we use to run turning left and right and what will that wacky TG guy that fell into everything think of next? I mean why would somebody with that much money make it this easy for the average fan to go to the race?

The above statements are not the views of RIR, should not be associated with RIR and should not be taken to serious. Read the deal below and order before April 16 to save $10 and you can have your very own soft cooler to carry around to be cool like me!

Irlboy

General Admission Ticket for the Richmond Times-Dispatch 150 NASCAR Featherlite Modified Series on Friday June 28th 2002
    Reserved Seat for the Dominic's of New York 100 USAC event and The SunTrust Indy Challenge on Saturday June 29th 2002 Weekend Garage Pass (Must be at least 18 years of age)
    Hospitality Pass to the All American Indy Bar-B-Que (3:00 - 7:00) on Saturday in climate controlled hospitality pavilion which includes:
    Food & Beverage :

Picnic style Bar-B-Que Buffet, Unlimited Soda and 3 Budweiser Tall Boy Beer Tickets with valid
    I.D., additional Beer may be purchased individually within hospitality area Indy Driver Appearance Music and Entertainment 6"x6"xl2" Richmond International
    Raceway Soft-sided insulated bag'
    All this for:

Only $89/per person if purchased before 4/15/02
    Then $99/per person from 4/16 until 6/15/02

Call Our Ticket Office now at (804) 345-7223 to help us celebrate at the All American Indy Bar-B-Que

Not bad. Don't tell Blimpo, though, or they won't have enough BBQ...
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

No need to worry . The last time the city of Richmond ran short of Barbeque was in April of 1865 .

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: jandj ]
      “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
      I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
      I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

The best news in this thread is that the NASCAR Mods return. They got the lion's share of the blame for screwing up the "bear grease." Sadly, RIR, which is owned by DIS, will apply a fresh coat of the crap before the Spring WC show. I wish that just once they would the stuff off for the WC show and see if the race isn't better. The IRL race didn't heat up until most of the crap was worn off.

Comment

I ordered my Tix as soon as I saw this deal.
          "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

I got mine for $79, but I had tickets last year and have Winston Cup tickets there so maybe that was a special deal.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X