Ricky Racer with full sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Racer with full sponsorship

Ricky "Racer" Treadway is rumored to have full sponsorship as reported by Linda Conti on racing rumors and will run the whole year. Not sure if he is ready but I guess we will see of course RM says anyone can get in an IRL car and finish 5th at Texas, no problem right?

Not our job to determine if he is ready, add another rev, is it time for the next version of the Silly Season you do so well with. I know, it is only a rumor. Wonder if he will be in one of three Dallara's reportd to be in the Treadway shop, or one of the four G Forces. Two cars now from Schmidt/Treadway, plus Arie's rides. The original rumor had three cars out of the Treadway shop, with Al JR in one, getting closer all the time.

Comment

anyone else thinks Rick should spend some time in the IPS?
      If the league is not going to shift their stance on the fees I would imagine all of the ovals would start being replaced by "chamber of commerce financially supported" TV infomercials dressed up like a car race for different city centers across the USA.

Comment

I say let him run.Rick,like his dad seems like a good guy and a credit to the league.

Comment

Time will tell if Ricky T. is ready or not. So far he appears to be doing a reasonable job - which isn't surprising considering the couple thousand testing miles he's put in.

Of course I figured Casey Mears would be ready last year, but he clearly wasn't.

Comment

Ricky looked really bad at, I think, Joliet, and was in the way all day long. But he went to Texas (a pretty scarey place) and ran a surprisingly credible race, finishing on the lead lap and acquitting himself well. Even with plenty of testing, he has shown a pretty good learning curve. If he can keep up this sort of progress, he could sneak in a win next year. The team is certainly good enough and Arie will probably help bring him along. Plus, he is bright, articulate and good lookin', so the IRL has another all American poster boy.

Put another checkmark in Tony's column.
            I'm dead now.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X