St. Louis style ribs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis style ribs?

Since we are going to Gateway this weekend, can anyone recommend a really good rib place?
    I'll be staying on the Illinois side but would make the drive to StL for some killer ribs. Any suggestions?

Bandana's...
    One opened up about five or six years ago, now there's like 12 of them in and around St. Louis. Several locations.
    "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

Comment

Yep, Bandana's.
      Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

no no no..........

near the track is a town called maryville, illinois.

there is a rib joint there called Redz Rib Shack. (4996 S. State Rt. 159 Glenn Carbon, IL 618-288-1111)

the establishment is basically a barn. outdoor smoker.

greatest ribs on earth.

i sometimes drive down from chicago for a rack, and a take a rack home too.

ask anyone in maryville where it is and they'll tell you.

very low prices. BYOB.

god, im hungry now......
        Track Fifedom

Wheldon is a legend now. One of the immortal Gods of Speed.

Comment

How much for one rib?!?!?!?!?!

"You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

If you are looking for a great steak dinner, Porters in the Collinsville Holiday Inn is about as good as you can get, anywhere. Peppered Steak is their speciality. It is also rather pricey, but if you are staying on the IL side, it probably makes up for the $$$ in convenience.
            Kevin Kalkhoven on Champ Car: "The amount of money we're spending is very little overall and I can afford to run this thing forever."

Comment

i'll vouch for porters in collinsville....

good stuff.
              Track Fifedom

Wheldon is a legend now. One of the immortal Gods of Speed.

Comment

One more vote for Porters. As a matter of fact, I was there for last year's race and Ron Hemelgarn had a group at the next table.

Comment

Originally posted by dvs:
                  <STRONG>Since we are going to Gateway this weekend, can anyone recommend a really good rib place?
                  I'll be staying on the Illinois side but would make the drive to StL for some killer ribs. Any suggestions?</STRONG>
                  Wait two weeks, go to Chicagoland
                  and head to Carson's for ribs.
                  Houston, the weasel has landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Noonan:
                    <STRONG>How much for one rib?!?!?!?!?!

</STRONG>
                    I'm gonna git ya', sucka!
                    "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Originally posted by Heath Hamilton:
                      <STRONG>i'll vouch for porters in collinsville....

good stuff.</STRONG>
                      Same here.

Of course, it's an easy choice, since the REAL ribs are about 3 hours to the west of StL, in KC. Which I plan to eat for dinner tonight.

Love that Carolina BBQ too, though...
                      "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Noonan:
                        <STRONG>How much for one rib?!?!?!?!?!

</STRONG>
                        Just put some CokaCola in my hand

[ August 21, 2002: Message edited by: stymie ]
                        "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

May I assume the KC ribs are from Arthur Bryants?

Comment

Question: When you people are talking about ribs are you talking about those chewy fatty spare rib style ribs or do you mean those sweet succulent meaty baby-back style ribs?

Some people are fanatical about their style of ribs as well.

I have my preference... which I won't mention here...

Comment

Originally posted by Taxpayer:
                              <STRONG>May I assume the KC ribs are from Arthur Bryants?</STRONG>
                              You may.

Although there are a couple dozen other places in KC that come close to Bryant's...
                              "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X