Big Z quarter midget track.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Z quarter midget track.....

Lost in the South's recent post about his son's quarter midget testing experience got me thinking about my own. Back when I raced there was a quarter midget track called Big Z. I think it was on the southeast side of Indy (I don't remember my dad always drove to the track with the trailer). Is that track still there? and even more, is it still used or did the state fair quarter midget track totally take over? I would love to see that Big Z track again. Lots of really cool memories there as a kid.

I fit was a track off of 74 and post road (near the county fairgrounds) it's gone. If it's the same site that this old guy told me about (had particular shaped gate at the entrance) it's being (or been by now) developed.

They still run at the State Fairgrounds.
    Terrible moderators can destroy great forums

Comment

BigZ morfed into the club that races at the Fairgrounds, I think named Mini Indy. Spent many days out there, BIG Z, running with Stevie Kuhn, Jeff Hunt, Chris Condre, David, Micheal and Julie Bridges, and Lisa and Cris LaFallette. Was lots of fun.

[ August 21, 2002: Message edited by: stymie ]
      "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

I believe Stymie to be correct.

Comment

Yes stymie is correct!

Does anyone remember quarter midgets at the rollerrink at Riverside Park?
          Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X