Menard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menard?

Does anyone know why Menard is only running one car these days?
    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Greg Ray said, " lets talk about me, it's all about me!" john listened and Ray stuck it in the fence, time and again!

Comment

That doesn't explain why he is still running one car. Why does everyone want to blame everything on Ray?
      "It's an honor to wear the IRL patch,'' Two-time Indy 500 champion Helio Castroneves.

Comment

Menard has spent ALOT of money. ALOT. That could be one factor.

Another is that he has the new real deal sitting in his car right now. He has never had the kind of opportunity to win the 500 that he has now. Now, Mackie and I disagree on this because he thinks Jacques need more seasoning, but after the way the kid took the bull by the horns last year, I asm just too impressed. I think destiny rides with him, I really do. I just FEEL it when i talk about him.

So Menard knows it is his for the taking after all he has put into chasing his dream. It's time for him and his team to concentrate all their focus and all their resources on getting Jacques that bottle of milk.
        I'm dead now.

Comment

He will definately have a strong team at Indy with the addition of Robby Gordon. He is quite good at Indy.
          IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

I forgot about Robbie gordon. Robbie came within about two gallons of winning the race for Menard so we all know he can do it. hopefull Menard will confine his efforts two just thes two guys and not spread himself too thin.
            I'm dead now.

Comment

Trust me with Butch Meyer runnin the show now a lot of things are going to be different
              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer Mac:
                <STRONG>That doesn't explain why he is still running one car. Why does everyone want to blame everything on Ray?</STRONG>
                Ok Spencer, you are correct, so here goes. I am sure that when Menard cut back to one car some of the staff may have been let go, at least on the car side. On the engine side things may have moved in the other direction, since Menard is now an engine supplier. In addition, since some feel that GR isn't to blame for anything, some cars last year jumped into the wall and hurt themselves, maybe in anticipation of rain or fear of a tailgater. So maybe there isn't hardware left in the store, er, ah, shop. This is a lame duck season, chassis wise, maybe John doesn't want to buy more since they will have a limited shelf life.

For Menard to run a second car for the season he would need say 4/5 cars, and another crewchief, an engineer, 4/5 crew guys, maybe another transporter. Having said all that, I have said all along that "I" think John will run two, everyone in the know says I'm wrong. I hope he does run two. I agree with dog about Butch! AT Fontana I talked with Jaques many times, he assures me that the historic Menard focus on fast time/poles is over, they will focus on race day handling and reliability, while not wanting to start too far back in the pack.

Comment

I can't believe someone said this is Menard's best chance to win the 500. Jacques is a good driver, but better than Stewart or Brayton or other Menard drivers of the past? That's a stretch. But then again, Menard's problems haven't been with drivers, they have been with the equipment.
                  "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

I'm told Arie will also be running Menar Engine Development engines for the three shows he is running.
                    Is it May yet?
                    Take me back to a world gone away-James Pankow

Comment

Originally posted by IndyIRLman:
                      <STRONG>Does anyone know why Menard is only running one car these days?</STRONG>
                      Because Team Menard barely has the funding for a proper one car team. Do you actually think Johns Manville has the advertising budget that Marlboro does?
                      "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Noonan:
                        <STRONG>I can't believe someone said this is Menard's best chance to win the 500. Jacques is a good driver, but better than Stewart or Brayton or other Menard drivers of the past? That's a stretch. But then again, Menard's problems haven't been with drivers, they have been with the equipment.</STRONG>
                        While I agree that J. Lazier seems to be the real deal, I definately think Tony Stewart is the best driver he has had. How many more races would Tony have won if the equipment would have lasted.
                        IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

J Lazier may or may not be the "real deal", but he is just another of the long list of "real deal" menard drivers.......... The overriding factor is that he is still driving for the historically underperforming , overrated and unreliable menard team, which has been a major stumbling block for almost all of menard's other "real deal" drivers .

http://indyroadsters.webs.com/
                          http://macmillersgarage.webs.com/
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/macmiller46241

I love any race car whose last name is "Special"

Comment

John's best shots at Indy were 96 thru 99. Now the odd's are only slightly better than 33 to 1.

Comment

Menard runs a one car team, because all the previous tries at running two cars turned into disasters. It's not that the performance was lacking, heck the Buhl/Stewart combo was great, but the problem is with the quirks of John Menard. Remember Buhl showing up for a test (or was it a race?) and the team just happended to "forget" his driving suit? I wonder who told the team to "forget" Buhls equiptment?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X