Andretti / Montoya IndyCar deal updated - not happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andretti / Montoya IndyCar deal updated - not happening

Andretti Autosport owner Michael Andretti has made it clear that he wants to add 1999 CART champion Juan Montoya to his ranks next season, and as RACER has learned, significant progress has been made in finding the budget to bring the 37-year-old into their fold.
    “We're at about 50 percent of what's needed to run Juan,” said John Lopes, the team's senior VP and chief marketing officer. “There's been a lot of interest in him, and with his success in Indy car racing – winning the 2000 Indy 500, his wins in F1, and everything he's done in NASCAR, companies sit up and take notice if you have a chance to work with him.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmodtempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam,quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut…

Man I just can't wait until Jan Pablo Mantoy comes back and brings in those massive throngs of NASCAR fans.......

But seriously, I think the series needs Juan back.
    ...Always follow the money

Comment

I really figured this could be the case, that JPM would be far easier to get sponsored.
      "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

If it comes at the expense of losing TK to Nascar where it's apparently easier to get sponsors, I say HELL NO!!!
        Proud fan of Helio Castroneves - 4 TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 Winner 🏆

Comment

Originally posted by Mearsfan53081 View Post
          If it comes at the expense of losing TK to Nascar where it's apparently easier to get sponsors, I say HELL NO!!!
          For all we know it could help TK stay, and for certain, make him want to stay more. TK will want to race him in
          an Indycar.

This story seems much more realistic than that ploy story.
          Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

Why? Seems like an even trade to me. Personally, I like TK but if you can't pull your own weight......

Comment

Originally posted by irloyal View Post
              Why? Seems like an even trade to me. Personally, I like TK but if you can't pull your own weight......
              I think #1, TK actually LOVES Indycar....can the same be said about Montoya?

Comment

Is it easier to get sponsors in NASCAR? I wonder how much the "AARP's race to end hunger" pays to be on Jeff Gordon's car? If that was on the sidepod of an Indycar everyone would assume it was a BSofA-like deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Buellboy View Post
                  Is it easier to get sponsors in NASCAR? I wonder how much the "AARP's race to end hunger" pays to be on Jeff Gordon's car? If that was on the sidepod of an Indycar everyone would assume it was a BSofA-like deal.
                  Sounds like it is as far as TK finding a ride where he doesn't have to bring his own cash.

Comment

Dunno, but if it is easier to find sponsorship for Jan than TK....

Comment

Well Kanaan may be going to Nascar so how much does he really.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikemat5150 View Post
                        Well Kanaan may be going to Nascar so how much does he really.
                        I'm not sure if he wants his high level racing career to continue he has a choice. Everything out there is requiring him to bring sponsorship money that he doesn't have.

He's busted his butt since he was let go by Andretti to make sure he stayed here.....if it comes down to not racing or racing Nascar and getting paid, which do you think he'll choose? He's too old to pull a Dan Wheldon.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if JPM decided to come. It's not much more than a PR story to suggest that they have 50% of what they need, that doesn't mean he could run 1/2 the races it means they don't have enough and if it's 50% or 88% not enough is not enough the remainder required doesn't just materialize when you get close.

I don't see how TK's desire to be in Indycar, or his wish to race against JPM, is any factor in how much money he can find. I would like to have anyone identify any company that would be saying, hey let's sponsor that Brazilian driver in that series that isn't popular because he really wants to challenge that Columbian driver so bad. To me a bigger factor in TK's funding search is the Brazil race, if it isn't on the schedule Brazilian companies are going to see a greatly reduced benefit to being in the series.
                          "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                          "They're criminals"
                          "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Originally posted by irloyal View Post
                            What does that mean? JPM doesn't have a deal and I doubt that a midpacker (better known for crashing into a jet-dryer during a caution at Daytona than for any wins) from NASCAR is bringing sponsorships to Andretti.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                              What does that mean? JPM doesn't have a deal and I doubt that a midpacker (better known for crashing into a jet-dryer during a caution at Daytona than for any wins) from NASCAR is bringing sponsorships to Andretti.
                              Yeah, it is a little vague......I should have added when it comes to sponsorship value.
                              JPM has a 500 win, a very good pedigree for open wheel; A huge following of pyromaniacs from Daytona ; and if Mike is chasing him instead of TK I'd say he's pulling more sponsorship weight than Boom Boom.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X