Does Cheever have the resources to run 3 cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Cheever have the resources to run 3 cars

Assuming that TG is paying Al Jr $4 million, could a deal be worked out were Eddie, Tomas Scheckter and Al Jr could be a three car team ?

The fact that Cheever has resources is more then evident from what I saw. Infiniti is looking for and talking with more teams, it could happen, Al will be somewhere, rest assured about that, but I don't think it will be Cheever. Menard or Treadway are the best options left, Al's pride and caution won't let him go to a lesser team! Those of you into stats or with more time then me can look it up, how many drivers in the series have won in both of the last two seasons? My guess, B. Lazier, Scott Sharp, Eddie Cheever, Greg Ray and Al Unser JR, 5 guys, two don't get much respect!

Comment

Don't assume. . .
      "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

dont assume what rev?

Comment

I'm inclined to think that Al might wind up being a teammate to Wardy. It's kind of preposterous to think him not in the 2002 season lineup. His equipment was pretty bad last year except for his indy effort was semi-solid. He was holding his own until Sammy clipped him. Gateway was pretty much all AL and good coaching on the fuel consumption. I can't imagine he won't have a ride. I can't believe it won't be a good ride either. I've got my fingers crossed
          "I was riding on the Mayflower when I thought I spotted some land" ~Bob Dylan's 115th Dream

A rampart is a bulwark!

Comment

Originally posted by Indianapolis500:
            <STRONG>Assuming that TG is paying Al Jr $4 million, could a deal be worked out were Eddie, Tomas Scheckter and Al Jr could be a three car team ?</STRONG>
            Like Rev said,"don't assume". Show me the black and white documentation where TG is paying for Al's ride. Can't? Not surprising.

SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

rev has said that if jr. comes through with his conditioning program he will likely get a good ride. i believe tomas has eliminated the cheever option by his preformace. as i recall rev did not limit the options for jr. to the cheever team. what appears to be the critical question is jr. in shape and convinced others that he has a focus. any clues rev?

Comment

Originally posted by Indianapolis500:
                <STRONG>Assuming that TG is paying Al Jr $4 million...</STRONG>
                Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse