Guest lineup for debut of "Inside Racing" radio show 1/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest lineup for debut of "Inside Racing" radio show 1/16

"Inside Racing," a new radio show I will be producing and co-hosting with fellow TrackForum.com member, Steve Roggie, will debut from Union Jack Pub in Speedway, Ind., beginning this Wednesday from 8-9:00 pm. The show will air from Union Jack's weekly on KOOL 101.9 (WKLU), and will be able to be heard on the Internet beginning with the 1/23 show (although the initial show will be archived within the week, hopefully).

Guests for this week (1/16) include:
    Bob Jenkins,
    Newly-appointed host of ABC's coverage of the Indy Racing League in 2002
    Scott Goodyear (still being confirmed),
    Indy 500 driver and ABC commentator for IRL in 2002
    Mark Kinser,
    World of Outlaws Sprint car champion
    Tommy Johnson, Jr.,
    NHRA Funny Car driver

Do you have any questions for these guests? We'll read them on the air this week. Please e-mail me your questions to: [email protected] (and include full REAL name, e-mail address and phone number - if you do not include this info, we can't use your question).

Please join me at Union Jack Pub in Speedway this Wednesday from 8-9:00 pm for a really fun and informative night of racing talk.

And let me know if you are at TrackForum.com member - I'd love to meet you there!

Janie Vogel

Sounds great, Janie. Best of luck to you and that Roggie guy.
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

will this show be on tv as well as radio?
      If the league is not going to shift their stance on the fees I would imagine all of the ovals would start being replaced by "chamber of commerce financially supported" TV infomercials dressed up like a car race for different city centers across the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by ovals rule:
        <STRONG>will this show be on tv as well as radio?</STRONG>
        Unfortunetly, this show already airs. Its called "America's Funniest Videos"

BTW - Good luck with the show, great 1st lineup...
        "We won a few races here and there, but the magic died the day Helmet melted." - Doc Austin on slotcar champion Michael Shannon

Comment

Thanks for your question about the show being televised. For now, no. I've got all sorts of things I'd like to do with it, but for now, it's just live and on the radio. We were supposed to have Internet webcasts each week, but that was through the station's contract with LiveOnTheNet.com, and they do not exist anymore. The station has contracted with another company, but they have to receive the equipment to do this and that will take about 1-2 weeks. I am hoping that by next week's show we'll be live on the Internet. I am also working with another website to carry/archive the shows, which could happen yet this week. I'll keep you guys up to date.

Thanks for your interest in the show. New things will be happening each week, so stay tuned in.

Hope to see all of you there...

Janie

Comment

"If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Don't forget guys. I'll be there and would like to meet any TF's I don't know yet. Ask Janie where I am.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor83:
                <STRONG>Don't forget guys. I'll be there and would like to meet any TF's I don't know yet. Ask Janie where I am.</STRONG>
                Darn I can't go and see Trevor just playing..... I have dance anyway but I would love to miss it cause it's jazz pointe and we have a guest instructor and I don't like her very well. Thank god she isn't a race fan and see this post!

Comment

back to the top so no one misses Trevor!

Comment

top again

Comment

Janie what racing show did I briefly catch last night around 8:30? (on 101.9 I think)

It sounded like Gary Lee hosting

They were talking about IRL qualifying engines.

It sounded like they were also in a pub, but I live in the sticks, poor reception
                      "I ain't even gotta garage you can call home and ask my wife"

Comment

Autosport Radio
                        http://www.autosportradio.com/
                        "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

Comment

Hey, I was there, along with my wife, son, and daughter-in-law. The Harrietta Bruschetta was very nice (I really dig sun-dried tomatoes) .

Bob Jenkins gave an outstanding interview {"Hey, I'm just a race fan who's lucky to cover the IRL" ). Steve pointed out that, as Host for the coming broadcasts, Bob will fill the role previously held by Jim McKay and Al Michaels.

Both Janie and Steve did great, especially coping with some technical feedback problems.

Janie, sorry I didn't get to stick around and see you guys, but we'll be back again next week
                          "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                          ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Anyone know the link for the archived shows?

Comment

Anyone know the link for the archived shows?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X