Tire Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Question

After all the cut tires out at Phoenix, I had a question. If the IRL regulates the number of tire sets the teams can use, if you cut a bunch tires does this mean you are just out of luck?

Seems like that could make for a very short testing session.

I think you just stumped everyone today. I know I don't know and thought it a pretty decent question. Of course, are those tires used up when they are getting cut, or were there some Real problems early on in some of the teams?
    "I was riding on the Mayflower when I thought I spotted some land" ~Bob Dylan's 115th Dream

A rampart is a bulwark!

Comment

Since they are at a controlled test and unless someone on the team has a death wish for the driver and cut the tires themselves that Barnhardt could add additional tires to replace the cut tires. Probably on a prorated scale depending on the number of laps the cut tires had on them. JMO
      By the time you finish reading this you realize that you have wasted 5 seconds of your life.

Comment

cool. A potential stumper!

Comment

At Indy last year we had a tire that had a strange blemish on the contact patch, it wasn't cut but we didn't really know what it was. Firestone really didn't have an answer either, they just replaced it. I'll try to remember to answer this question later once we're underway.

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: trevor83 ]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X