Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why John deVries is supposed to drive for Brayton...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why John deVries is supposed to drive for Brayton...

because he just happens to be the chairman of the board for a certain energy drink that just so happens to be sponsoring the Brayton racing car this year. Why didn't Brayton try to hook up with Tony George? He used to race (he still races an occasional midget race; so he will appeal to the sprint/midget crowd) and I think he is in charge of a pretty big speedway on the west side of Indianapolis. . Plus instead of Latrell Sprewell, I am sure Tony could talk Jim Nabors or Florance Henderson into getting involved with the team.
    IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

After losing Scotty, I can only pull for Brayton Racing, and whatever it takes to get the team up and running full time. Maybe they can pull an AJ, and in a year put Beechler clone in a second car! Think positive.

Comment

Go to http://www.pitbullenergydrink.com to learn more about the company.

There are parts of the website that are really funny, but aren't intended to be.

Comment

Hopefully Mr. de Vries will not make costly rookie mistakes that hurt other teams and drivers. Anyway, they have the Ferrari Challenge where the big wigs can play with their toys, but please not the IRL people, atleast not while taking unecessary risks involving professional racers! Best of luck though.
        http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

How long before Murray Langston buys himself an I*L 'wagon?

Comment

If true, this is an absolute joke. Has TG made the IRL so accessible that any Joe Schmo with a few million $ can race?
            "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Noonan:
              <STRONG>If true, this is an absolute joke. Has TG made the IRL so accessible that any Joe Schmo with a few million $ can race?</STRONG>
              Yes.
              "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

It'll be interesting if Brian lets him on the track.

Comment

If JdV fails to pass muster the IRL staff will send him packing, and Brayton may still have his money, or at least some of it.

Comment

<STRONG>If true, this is an absolute joke. Has TG made the IRL so accessible that any Joe Schmo with a few million $ can race?</STRONG>
                    And this is different from how things used to be in what way??? Take a look at an entry list from 20 yrs ago and see how many rich boys were in the field.

BTW, as I mentioned in another thread - I'd say that since the IRL started, the terrific trio of Ray, Sharp and Salazar have distroyed more equipment than all the rich boy ride buyers combined.
                    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Wasn't that the whole Vision Thing? An Indycar in the back bay of every independent garage in Marion County and every sprint/midget guy lined up to drive?

Comment

This Pit Bull energy drink is an obvious knock off of Red Bull (sorry to take your name in vain, KO) to the point of almost being plagarism. The name is similar, they both have the same "active" ingredient, taurine. What I want to know is how similar do they have to be before Red Bull gets wind of this and takes them to court? Could Mr. deVries' sponsor disappear in a shower of litigation?

Comment

Originally posted by TrackGoddess:
                          <STRONG>This Pit Bull energy drink is an obvious knock off of Red Bull (sorry to take your name in vain, KO) to the point of almost being plagarism. The name is similar, they both have the same "active" ingredient, taurine. What I want to know is how similar do they have to be before Red Bull gets wind of this and takes them to court? Could Mr. deVries' sponsor disappear in a shower of litigation?</STRONG>
                          I was wondering about that, too, TrackGoddess. I'm not sure what US trademark law would say about that. And, given Mr. DeVries' position in the company, it's fair to say that it would be DeVries who would be disappearing in a shower of litigation.
                          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

That would likely be a tough charge to prove. The big active ingredient is Taurine. Somewhere in the language process, the root word for "bull" is the same root used in taurine -- thus the connection. The astrological sign Taurus the bull is the example which comes to mind.

Pit Bull can claim that it was named because of Taurine, just as Red Bull was. Tough to disprove.
                            "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

I still think there's some bull excrement in this deal, too.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X