Speed gap at TITW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed gap at TITW

I just noticed that the backmarkers (Herb, Mayer, Treadway, DeVries) are about 1.3 seconds per lap or more off the pace. That means that, given the top laps of 20 seconds, they'll be lapped every 15 laps. Mayer, at 1.7 seconds, will be more like every 12 laps...
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Be patient RW. Al Unser & Lone Star JR are here to slowly bring them to speed. They aren't pushing it yet.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Yeah, I noticed those slower guys were on the track at the same time, without the faster cars. TD, are you at the track?

Comment

TD, 'writer doesn't want to hear that and won't agree with you, he is still on his one-agenda, ride buying soap box, and thinks that this will justify his point. It doesn't matter that the IRL may have Mayer and de Vries on a short leash! As to Herb, a continuing target of his, John has an old tub with new parts, it took his crew longer then it should to get it together, he was more then adequate at Fontana, 5 mph off the pace. He has just had another engine related problem at Phoenix, so he is probably done. As for Treadway, if he is in the same non-upgraded G Force that Arie ran around Fontana at 215, what can you expect? I would like to point out that both Herb and Treadway have ran IRL races in the past, so they don't have to prove anything to the IRL, only to racewriter, who won't buy it anyway.

'writer, this is getting tiresome, you are better then this, even if you can sell your agenda here, what does that prove, it won't wash at 16th and GEORGEtown Rd., where it counts, continuing this tirade doesn't get you anywhere!

I would like to suggest an IRL bashing site be added, for those that like to continue this stuff, where they can all go and take their shots, agree with each other, pat themselves on the back and tell everyone what geniuses they are and leave the rest us to discuss the positives!

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: Mackie ]

Comment

Gettin plenty of sun Miles? Racewriter just asked a question why those cars were so much slower. I didn't take it as a troll and neither should you. Thanks for answering the question in your post.

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: dog-ring ]
          SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
          " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Well, that's pretty consistent with what we saw last year. At a track like Phoenix, the backmarkers were indeed lapped every 12-15 laps.
            "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

dog, I still get a little touchy over the continuing ride buying theam that has no answer, and won't go away! Perhaps 'writer would like to address Redon's speed, and qualifications?

I got back from Fontana late yesterday, I have a bunch of notes and thoughts about the series and Fontana, I will put it all together over the weekend and have it over at openwheelracing.com the first of the week. There is no shortage of real news and surprises!

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring:
                <STRONG>Gettin plenty of sun Miles? Racewriter just asked a question why those cars were so much slower. I didn't take it as a troll and neither should you. Thanks for answering the question in your post.

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: dog-ring ]</STRONG>
                I think Miles is getting TOO much sun, dog. He's still in his "I'm not smart enough to do anything besides attack Racewriter" mode.

But, for those that addressed the point, thanks. Though I've gotta admit I'm surprised that someone would bring something other than a fresh race car to the first test of the year.

Miles, nowhere in my post did I mention ride-buying. What's getting tiresome is YOU. I asked you a question directly in another thread, and you were good enough to answer it directly without your usual blather. What happened here?
                "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

'writer, in asking the question you made the same worn out point, the four guys mentioned are the ones you attack, along with others, time after time. You don't have to mention ride buying, it all relates! I am smart enough to answer your question, but also smart enough to know when it is fruitless. You don't want meaningful debate, so I won't debate you. Yes, every time you pose an honest effort I will answer to the best of my ability. Dog doesn't think you posed a troll, I respect his opinion, I happen to think you did! I expect that the only reason you neglected to mention Buzz was that there we respected drivers slower then him. Of course we know why Redon wasn't mentioned was that he was even faster. The IRL gets better with every passing day, there is no need to tear at it from within, you can do much better then that. No, I won't debate you, we can't change anything, much less our own opinion! As far as attacking you, I don't think I did, but I did point out that "there you go again!"

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Racewriter:
                    [QB]

"I think Miles is getting TOO much sun, dog. He's still in his "I'm not smart enough to do anything besides attack Racewriter" mode."

Miles has been at this a long time. He was probably the only man besides Tony George have the vision to see that CART was taking the speedway down the highway to, errrrr, you know. He was talking about it in 1992, long before the cartaliban knew the ship was leaking. Miles has worked at the speedway and has many, many times been the fly on the wall. While I do not know for sure if your screen name is for real, or if you are another phoney "insider," I can tell you for real, baby, that Miles has been on the inside for a long, long time. He just isn't arrogant enough to brag about it. Learn a lesson, ok?

PS; the speed gap will be less that five mph when they get to the speedway. and that is over 33 cars.

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: Dr. Austin ]
                    I'm dead now.

Comment

Dr. Austin, Racewriters name is for real and unlike others he is a race car driver runnin open wheel every weekend in the summer. I'm thinkin this should be the end of this thread. REV?
                      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

I'm kinda confused here. I didn't know that there was a "Race in the West". I thought it said "TEST in the WEST". I watched people like Billy Boat go out and try different setups with full tanks, trying to find good race speeds and balance. Some teams were practicing hot pit stops. Lots of cars just getting miles on the drivers. Lots of teams were, this may come as a shock to some of you....... TESTING.
                        I've got sources. I used to know a T-Shirt vendor at the Phoenix track.

Comment

"Lots of cars just getting miles on the drivers. Lots of teams were, this may come as a shock to some of you....... TESTING. "

Penske passed...

Comment

So did Mo
                            Sifaka

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
                              <STRONG>"Lots of cars just getting miles on the drivers. Lots of teams were, this may come as a shock to some of you....... TESTING. "

Penske passed...</STRONG>
                              Did you know Penske tested at Phoenix for a week back in November or December before the tire rule? Didn't think so.

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: trevor83 ]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X