IRL in Speedway Illustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRL in Speedway Illustrated

The new (October 2002) Speedway Illustrated just arrived at the 111 household. Doug Gore penned a nice article comparing the Chevrolet engines used in the IRL and NASCAR.
    Thought it was kinda cool to see Hornishes IRL car in a stock car rag. Maybe its not gonna be just a stock car rag for long...One could only hope.
    Jim Naden Atlanta, Indiana

Growing Old Is No Excuse For Growing Up.

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination"
    Thomas Sowell

Cool.

Comment

Its a much better rag than Stock Car. That magazine went downhill real fast once they canned Berggren. Still way too much NASCAR but they at least realize theres other series' out there unlike SCR these days which has become pretty much a $4 a month press release full of nascar fluff articles.
      Betcha no one on the board there even knows who Scott Bloomquist or Brett Hearn is.
      Good article on Chevy Indy motor. Good issue of ISN.
      PS Hey Dick Berggren we all know you lost your hair... lose the beret!!
      Live like Dave

Comment

Someone give some high lights of the article or a site, if there is one! You've got me curious and I'd love to get a hold of a copy to show my NASCAR friends!
        The important thing in a military operation is victory, not persistence. Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Let us never forget that we were the ones attacked on 9-11 and over 3000 of our people were killed!!!

buckeyedave.blogspot.com

Comment

"Betcha no one on the board there even knows who Scott Bloomquist or Brett Hearn is."

This is a joke, right?
          Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckeyeDave:
            <STRONG>Someone give some high lights of the article or a site, if there is one! You've got me curious and I'd love to get a hold of a copy to show my NASCAR friends! </STRONG>
            In a nutshell Doug Gore gives a little history on the small block chevy and its development and design team. He then compares the internal differences and discusses costs associated with the 2 engines. Article has a nice chart that compares dimensions and specifications. Opening page has a picture of Hornishes Pennzoil Panther and the Pennzoil Monte Carlo.

Around here Speedway Illustrated is available at almost any grocery or drug store magazine rack. ($4.99 U.S.)

I have a person who's job it is to see that my magazines are delivered to my house each month. Why just today she brought three of them directly to my house, Speedway Illustrated, Guitar Player and Playboy.

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination"
            Thomas Sowell

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky161:
              <STRONG>"Betcha no one on the board there even knows who Scott Bloomquist or Brett Hearn is."

This is a joke, right?</STRONG>
              I know who they are!
              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

"Originally posted by Lucky161:
                "Betcha no one on the board there even knows who Scott Bloomquist or Brett Hearn is."
                This is a joke, right?

We know who they are and what's more we admire and respect them. The big "0" dirt late model guru and "Bret the Jet"
                I don't hang around with people who don't know and respect them! Now whatta ya think about "Barefoot Bob McCredie?
                These drivers and their fans contribute to the #1 big time racing series in the US. Why wouldn't we want them in our camp also?
                carl s
                Indio, CA
                Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

111, you should have told me there was reading material under the front seat...

Is your son doing ok?
                  "OWRS did not return phone calls."

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky161:
                    <STRONG>"Betcha no one on the board there even knows who Scott Bloomquist or Brett Hearn is."

This is a joke, right?</STRONG>
                    Bloomquist is a Drug Dealer i belive

Comment

Originally posted by OW fan in OK:
                      <STRONG>111, you should have told me there was reading material under the front seat...

Is your son doing ok?</STRONG>
                      PFC Bob is doing fine. Drives a Bradley Linebacker. 1st ADA 3rd ACR, Ft. Carson CO. He is currently at NTC where the average daily temperature is 120...gets down to maybe 80 at night...but its a dry heat

Thomas Sowell

Comment

Originally posted by rokjr:
                        <STRONG>

Bloomquist is a Drug Dealer i belive</STRONG>
                        You are wrong.

Scott lives in a little town where the local Sheriff wanted to make a name for himself. It is a long story, but it was proven that Scott was not a drug dealer. The charges cost Scott a BGN ride.

BTW, I tried to talk Scott into racing in the IRL, but he didn't have any interest. He makes more money in Dirt Latemodels. I think he pulls in 200-300K in T-shirt sales alone.
                        "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
                        Vice President, Marketing
                        IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Originally posted by Maynard111:
                          <STRONG>

PFC Bob is doing fine. Drives a Bradley Linebacker. 1st ADA 3rd ACR, Ft. Carson CO. He is currently at NTC where the average daily temperature is 120...gets down to maybe 80 at night...but its a dry heat </STRONG>
                          and that 80 feels mighty cold surprisingly

Comment

<STRONG>"Betcha no one on the board there even knows who Scott Bloomquist or Brett Hearn is."</STRONG>

Anyone know why that Bloomquist fella is always driving sideways?

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule:
                              <STRONG>[qb]"Betcha no one on the board there even knows who Scott Bloomquist or Brett Hearn is."</STRONG>

Anyone know why that Bloomquist fella is always driving sideways?

[/QB]
                              I don't know why dont you call him and ask?

Here's his number(423) 921-9XXX
                              "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
                              Vice President, Marketing
                              IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X