ABC adds Paul Page to the IRL broadcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC adds Paul Page to the IRL broadcasts

Got a reply from Fred Nation, and he said ABC announced today, that it has added Page, Gerold and Goodyear, to the current team of Jenkins, Arute and Welch.
    Brian's Wish
    Artemis Images
    TrackForum Store
    TrackForum store 2

Originally posted by IndyMichael:
    <STRONG>Got a reply from Fred Nation, and he said ABC announced today, that it has added Page, Gerold and Goodyear, to the current team of Jenkins, Arute and Welch.</STRONG>

YIPPEEE!!!
    IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

In what capacity?
      If the league is not going to shift their stance on the fees I would imagine all of the ovals would start being replaced by "chamber of commerce financially supported" TV infomercials dressed up like a car race for different city centers across the USA.

Comment

Gerold is a good pickup. I really enjoy his pit work on CART broadcasts.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
        "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Why do they still pick Page even if we hate him and bore us. Well he bores me.

Comment

I hope he is given an education on IRL cars BEFORE the season starts...

Comment

"WHOA!!! WHOA!!! WHOA!!! Paul Page is back in the fight."

Always Bad Coverage (ABC) strikes again.

Maybe Jenkins will get to do the ProSeries races. Or Maybe ABC will hire Sally Larvick to appease Yoda for those races as well.

And Scott Goodyear. A nice person. A very good race driver. But, a very boring personality.

Just when Jenkins, Rice and Priestly were beginning to gel and get some chemistry...POOF!! They are gone! Thanks ABC!!! :mad:
              IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

So in the booth, ABC/ESPN will have Page, Jenkins, and Goodyear, and with Welch, Gerold and Arute in the pits?

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Of the "analysts" that ABC has had in the booth at various periods, including qualifying - and I'll count Luyendyk, Goodyear, Sharp, Rice, etc. in this, even though some of their work was IROC - the only ones that have SIGNIFICANTLY added to the content of the broadcast have been Tyce Carlson and Eddie Cheever. If Tyce doesn't get a ride, he should be in the booth post-haste. He can wear a hat like Berggren, so his dome doesn't show...
                  "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Yikes. Chief Wiggum is back in the booth?

Maybe they'll just use him for his great "Oh no!" that they play at the beginning of Wide World of Sports when Zampedri's car goes flying into the IMS catch fence...
                    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

So in the booth, ABC/ESPN will have Page...
                      *GROAN*
                      ''I heard if you do a 15-second lap, you can see the tail of your car in Turn 1 when you are coming out of Turn 4.'' -- Eddie Cheever on Richmond International Raceway, the shortest track ever run in the IRL.

Comment

personally, I grew up with Page in the booth. And I came to miss him after the split.

He may not like the IRL, and you may think he is a bad commentator, but a lot of people in my generation (im 26) associate his voice with the Indy 500 and Indy cars a heck of a lot more than the others. sorry....

to me, his voice is indy, at least on tv. carnegie is the voice of the track.
                        Track Fifedom

Wheldon is a legend now. One of the immortal Gods of Speed.

Comment

The best news is Gary G. Great guy.

The second best news is Goodyear. They were smart to dump that lame punk whats his name, but I did like Larry Rice.

The worst news is Paul Page. He is a really nice guy and all, but he just isn't quick enough to stay on top of everything. He always seems to be behind the play.

Comment

I am "only" 38 but remember when no live indy car racing was on the tube.

I am glad ABC extended its contract with the IRL for 5 more years, and will enjoy who ever they choose to put in the booth.

Paul does get behind sometimes, but I agree that his "voice" symbolizes Indy Racing.

And before you whine too much, we all have computers who post here, try listening to the IRL radio network (www.indyracingleague.com) and watch the TV, which is what I usually do the first viewing, and then the second time around listen to the TV announcers.

Comment

I fear there are giong to be too many race callers (Page and Jenkins) in the booth. You need only ONE person to call the race, and one or two experts to give analysis. I hope ABC/ESPN strictly defines the roles for Page and Jenkins.

Paul calls the first 100 laps, Jenkins the last 100? One a "host" and the other the race caller?

Page and Jenkins will have to sit down and hash things out or I fear those two will start a turf batlle. Cubs fans, remember Harry Caray and Milo Hamilton? I fear a Page/Jenkins feud could make for a pretty tense booth, something that viewers will sense.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X