Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Penske has definately got it figured out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penske has definately got it figured out.

de Ferran 179.634
    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Your not kidding, just when Felipe had turned the fast lap, Gil is now 2mph quicker than the next guy.

A good percentage of cars stuck around 170mph.

Cheever is just getting out for his afternoon run, let's see if he has anything for Gil.

Comment

now lets see'em all get past tech this way at the next race?
      The captain seems to want to show as often as he can that he can obliterate the competition. Some times that means a head game when it doesnt count.
      aXe
      Born Again Race Fan seen at
      www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

or maybe he just has the fastest cars today
        IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Originally posted by aXe:
          <STRONG>now lets see'em all get past tech this way at the next race?
          The captain seems to want to show as often as he can that he can obliterate the competition. Some times that means a head game when it doesnt count.
          aXe </STRONG>
          aXe, at Fontana Penske's car went through tech more then anyone, to be sure they weren't fooling themselves, or anyone else. Penske has been at Phoenix for years, even with high downforce packages, they still continued to test there after CART left. I would like someone who knows the difference to confirm that they indeed are running the '02 engine, the ones at Fontana had Chevy on the covers, but were still Auroras.

There was always a saying that "everyone ran 180 at Phoenix in February.! These speeds are amazing to me, with the downforce/drag and the IRL engine package.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie:
            <STRONG>
            I would like someone who knows the difference to confirm that they indeed are running the '02 engine, the ones at Fontana had Chevy on the covers, but were still Auroras.
            </STRONG>
            The engines they ran at Fontana looked like 2002 chevys to me. The Chevy engine's valve covers sit lower in the car than the Aurora's because of the new shorter heads.The Valve covers are also shaped different above where they are clearenced for the cam lobes, the old covers are mre boxy looking. If somebody has a picture of the engine I can tell for sure.
            "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
            Vice President, Marketing
            IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Hey Miles
              Hope your are enjoying youself out there?
              Well I am always very optimistick about practice days. Seems the rats (JK) come out of the wood work so to speak. There is always some that dont want to show you how fast they reallt are then there are the others that want to make believers out of you. Penske is in the last bunch. He I think believes if you worry the **** out of them before they ever get to the race, you have got them whipped.
              Of course this is not anything new been going on for years. Alas like you said 180 in the winter test equates to what when the money is on the line. Know one knows for sure except the Shadow and he has known for years and years!
              aXe
              Born Again Race Fan seen at
              www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

As I am typing this, tomas scheckter is only .2 back from Deferran. Someone here said anyone could go fast at fontana, but if tomas could be near the top of the timesheets at Pheonix, there would be something to talk about. well, there is something to talk about!
                I'm dead now.

Comment

Cam, of all the people I would disagree with, you would be the last one, but Cindric admitted it at the press conference, when asked about running the 2001 engine. Also, the old style engine had a different air box and fuel injectors. On the can covers the old ones had three raised squares in the castings, where some of the bolts go. The Aurora name was machined off and a Chevy plate added, now, if you can use the old covers on the new Chevy you could be right. Those engines did not have the same covers that ALL the other 2002 Chevy's did, including the Ilmor's in Mo's car and Calkins.

Comment

Sheckter appears to be the real deal. How he handles constant traffic will be the next question to answer. I think Eddie has found #2.
                    "Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children." Ancient Indian Proverb :)

Comment

Mackie, I guess I didn't look close enough.
                      Thanks for the info.
                      "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
                      Vice President, Marketing
                      IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Originally posted by Otto:
                        <STRONG>Sheckter appears to be the real deal. How he handles constant traffic will be the next question to answer. I think Eddie has found #2.</STRONG>
                        Just remember when TG signs the "BIG CHECK" who will be in the car
                        SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

So, that means that the the new Infiniti and the old Olds is faster than the new Chevy?

Comment

"Someone here said anyone could go fast at fontana, but if tomas could be near the top of the timesheets at Pheonix, there would be something to talk about. well, there is something to talk about!"

I'm the one that said that in a since self-deleted "inflamatory" post.

With either a handford plank or batmobile wings, getting around Fontana flat is no trick in today's formulas.

Phoenix however is quite a bit of a different story.

Tomas is looking very impressive with his speed and his composure.

A few thoughts:

Remember Nigel's first forays into short track racing?

Many of us waited, with some doubts, to see how the world champ would adapt to the bull rings.

Top of the charts early!!!!

Knocked a hole in the wall later

"Well that'll knock some of the wind out of his sails" passed through the minds of many. (myself included)

So he sits out Phoenix, comes back to win the remaining three bullrings on the schedule (Milwaukee, Louden, Nazarath) and collects the title that my boy Tracy throws away.

Side Bar:

I sitting in the stands at State Fair Park listening to the scanner during a yellow in hot laps. Nigel's near the top of the charts but is whining (WORLD CLASS WHINE) about wanting P1..

(Paraphrased)

Nigel:

"I know you might be reluctant to do this, but I would surely like more front grip"

Pit:

"That'd be negative Nigel"

Nigel:

"Theatrical sigh"

Back to Tomas:

Given his backround in the European youth movement, do you think he is suprised to be outpacing his fortysomething teammate?
                            "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Who's got the Penske file?
                              "We have all become much more sensitive now.But remember,pity is such a recent invention." Fernand Meyssonnier, France's last surviving executioner.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X