Tomas still doesn't have it locked up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomas still doesn't have it locked up

Eddie is even talking about the possibility of testing someone else in a Thursday interview.

Link to story
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

"(Scheckter) might fall right smack on his face at Phoenix, and then a decision will be made by those results. But how he does (at PIR) will be a determining factor. It will play a strong part in the decision."

I think he's got it locked up.

Comment

"(Scheckter) might fall right smack on his face at Phoenix, and then a decision will be made by those results. But how he does (at PIR) will be a determining factor. It will play a strong part in the decision."

After a good part of the day done, he sure seems to be looking good.

With enough backing, would Little Al in a third Cheever car at Indy be a reach?

Comment

Based upon what Tomas has shown so far, if Cheever doesn't sign him someone else will, either in the IRL or CART. If Cheever doesn't sign him he will race against him! The last time anyone has shown so well with limited time in an IRL car his name was Tony Stewart, or Juan Montoya. Tomas gets the seat.

Comment

Agreed. EC may make a big mistake if he doesn't sign him, even if he will only be around a couple of years. I would think some of the others would be getting some seat time if he was seriously thinking of someone else.
          "Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children." Ancient Indian Proverb :)

Comment

Just to keep me happy will someone post again about how there is all this short track talent that doesn't get a chance and how the IRL will fix that. Please.

These road racing guys just adapt to the ovals better than do the Oval racers with no rear-engined experience (see Johnny Herbert for the last time a RR guy was fast out of the box).

Tomas sounds like a Montoya sort of personality. Maybe Little Al will warn him about Indy too.
            Sifaka

Comment

He's got the deal. Tom Wakinshaw$$$, Red Bull$$$, Infiniti (Renault)$$$ are all reasons to believe that Eddie will go with him.
              I've got sources. I used to know a T-Shirt vendor at the Phoenix track.

Comment

If Tomas doesn't wreck both cars tomorrow, he has it.
                He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Originally posted by indymotors:
                  <STRONG>He's got the deal. Tom Wakinshaw$$$, Red Bull$$$, Infiniti (Renault)$$$ are all reasons to believe that Eddie will go with him.</STRONG>
                  The only difference between Tomas and other drivers that bring money to the team or supported highly by sponsors(if that's the case) is that Tomas has shown that he's worth a spot on a team even if he doesn't have the money with him.
                  He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X