No announcement yet.

Katherine Legge announcement on friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katherine Legge announcement on friday?

I see that Katherine's going to join the speed chat on friday and then is posting a "special video message" on her website afterwards. Link

Any guesses?
    Faster...Faster...Faster...I know it, you know it, that's all that matters!

It's tough to say. What do we have left here?

~An announcement from D & R on Thursday (doubtful for KL)
    ~A Conquest ride or 2 (JK Vernay is apparently no longer in the running there, Mann may be, and PT is finding more funding, supposedly)
    ~A Coyne ride or 2 (too messy to speculate between Bourdais, Duno, Lloyd, Kanaan, etc.)
    ~A Schmidt partial ride (seems to be available, don't know what kind of a position they're in financially after buying up FAZZT)
    ~A Newman-Haas ride or 2 (Hinch and Servia speculated there, pending funding and announcement. things may have changed but idk??)
    ~"Return of the Dragon" (it's been mentioned that Dragon is looking to return sans De Ferran)
    ~A KV ride (rumored to be Moraes, or TK, could be anyone)
    ~A Bryan Herta Indy only ride (Saavedra should have been a shoe in for this, but he's no longer in contention and they're looking for a driver)

I haven't heard Katherine being linked to any team other than Coyne or KV and those have been very thin links. We don't know what kind of financial backing she has or what the perspective is on her from the team owners. It's really one of those things where you kind of just have to sit back and watch. I wouldn't be shocked if it were just a thank you message to see how much of a following she can get from the chat. I'm pulling for her though. I've only met her a few times and she was as nice as anyone could expect.
    Sometimes 1st place is the first loser.

Comment

I'd guess something in Indy lights
      Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 72

Comment

Originally posted by Since83 View Post
        I'd guess something in Indy lights
        Nah, no way she goes to lights. IMO she's in the big cars or nothing.

Sure haven't heard any rumours about where she might end up. If she does have anything to announce, it's been kept pretty quiet.

Comment

Why?

She moved up to the big cars too fast in Champ Car - a season in Lights could do her good.

Comment

I am betting the Redline Extreme car. They had that nice teaser promo on YouTube within last couple days.

That said, I don't think it would hurt any young driver in IICS who is doing subpar (or having trouble getting a ride) to drop down to FIL for a year. For KL she can knock out any cobwebs. Part Time Rookies and second year drivers could also benefit from a few FIL starts or an FIL season. There shouldn't be a stigma. All OT, sorry.
            You can be a critical fan without being a Critic... Or can you? Quit your b'tchn and enjoy the racing :D

Comment

Originally posted by JMFVET View Post
              I am betting the Redline Extreme car. They had that nice teaser promo on YouTube within last couple days.

That said, I don't think it would hurt any young driver in IICS who is doing subpar (or having trouble getting a ride) to drop down to FIL for a year. For KL she can knock out any cobwebs. Part Time Rookies and second year drivers could also benefit from a few FIL starts or an FIL season. There shouldn't be a stigma. All OT, sorry.
              You must have been reading my mind!!! I would like to see some of the guys that do not currently have a ride go to the FIL teams. As you said, what better way to keep your skills ans more importantly, keep you in front of the owners and in the mix! If you don't have a ride now, put your ego aside and go drive!

Comment

CRS,
                If we are thinking alike, you should start worrying ;-)
                You can be a critical fan without being a Critic... Or can you? Quit your b'tchn and enjoy the racing :D

Comment

She is announcing her engagement to Kevin Kalkhoven.

Comment

Kat drove in Champ Cars and DTM which are more sophisticated cars than current Indy Dallara. So why in the hell would she drive Indy Lights?
                    Moving down is never really a good option. Ask Speedy Dan Clarke or Alex Barron
                    Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by raskav View Post
                      Kat drove in Champ Cars and DTM which are more sophisticated cars than current Indy Dallara. So why in the hell would she drive Indy Lights?
                      Moving down is never really a good option. Ask Speedy Dan Clarke or Alex Barron
                      thx, I was going to say all that as well but you beat me to it!

I'm pretty sure Katherine's got the chops to wheel a dallara, just not sure she has a team! I don't think she ever really got the support she needed when she was in Champ Car, hopefully she'll get some support if she returns to open-wheel racing now.

Comment

Originally posted by raskav View Post
                        Because she showed nothing in Champ Cars racing against a bunch of stiffs and hasn't been in a "Indy-type" car in a few years.

She doesn't belong in the ICS in 2011. Simple as that. Again this is what your AAA league is supposed to be for. For drivers who aren't ready or aren't good enough for the big leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by TexRacer View Post
                          thx, I was going to say all that as well but you beat me to it!

I'm pretty sure Katherine's got the chops to wheel a dallara, just not sure she has a team! I don't think she ever really got the support she needed when she was in Champ Car, hopefully she'll get some support if she returns to open-wheel racing now.
                          Coyne's Champ Car operation back then was really shoe-string, much worse than Coyne's current IndyCar operation.
                          Kat never really had the chance to show her ability on a Coynemobile.
                          And in DTM, she was saddled with year old chassis. Again, never really had a fair chance to show what she can do.

Comment

I see that Mr. Negative Todd Gack posted right after I said something positive about potential IndyCar driver.

I'm so glad Mr. Negative is on my ignore list so that I don't have to read his usual denigration of driver he doesn't deem worthy of his lofty standard.
                            :raspberry

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Gack View Post
                              Because she showed nothing in Champ Cars racing against a bunch of stiffs and hasn't been in a "Indy-type" car in a few years.

She doesn't belong in the ICS in 2011. Simple as that. Again this is what your AAA league is supposed to be for. For drivers who aren't ready or aren't good enough for the big leagues.
                              Good post
                              "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X