Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - Check out the brand new Apple iMac!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Check out the brand new Apple iMac!

The other computer manufacturers will be sure to follow the trends set by this new peice of art, design and technology!

Time magazine cover story

Apple iMac page

Very cool!

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: WhirlinGraphics ]
    "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
    the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
    -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Ohhh...I'd want one, but I really like my 19" monitor too much....though I'd like a 21" more.

I'd love a new G4 and an iPod too, but my B&WG3's gonna have to hold me for a little while longer...
    ''I heard if you do a 15-second lap, you can see the tail of your car in Turn 1 when you are coming out of Turn 4.'' -- Eddie Cheever on Richmond International Raceway, the shortest track ever run in the IRL.

Comment

The new iMac is a screamin' deal. Especially the top of the line with the superdrive. I'd love to have one for the styling alone. As for monitors, I love the 22" Cinema Display hooked up to my dual 500 G4.

Comment

Very sweet system, Parsons!

Being able to burn your own DVD's on an iMac that is only $1799 is amazing!

Are you guys using OSX?

BTW, I have an iBook Combo DVD/CD-RW with an upgraded 30GB hard drive and Airport wireless internet connection (OSX as my default). I particularly like the portability that the small size affords me.
        "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
        the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
        -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

I'm not running OSX full time yet but I probably will be within a few weeks. I'm looking forward to moving over (need that new OSX-friendly Photoshop to ship!) to all the new software because the second of the two processors in my G4 is "asleep" while running system 9 - that's not to say it's slow under 9, it's fast but it flat screams when I'm running 10! The new Final Cut Pro is great, btw. All in all I like 10 but it's just enough different that I'm not completely in the comfort zone yet.

Yeah, I love the Cinema display. I was one of those that bought it when they were 4K. Then they were 3500 and now they're 2500. Still, it's one of the best investments I ever made.

I think the new generation iBooks are the absolute deal of the century and the new 14" is a bargain and a half. I gave my wife a special edition graphite iBook a year ago and she loves it but I wouldn't mind replacing it with a new 14". The kids fight over their ("old style") iMac all the time and are both claiming dibs on my G3 (black) powerbook as soon as my Titanium G4 arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Parsons W. Newbury:
            <STRONG>I'm not running OSX full time yet but I probably will be within a few weeks. I'm looking forward to moving over (need that new OSX-friendly Photoshop to ship!) to all the new software because the second of the two processors in my G4 is "asleep" while running system 9 - that's not to say it's slow under 9, it's fast but it flat screams when I'm running 10! The new Final Cut Pro is great, btw. All in all I like 10 but it's just enough different that I'm not completely in the comfort zone yet.

Yeah, I love the Cinema display. I was one of those that bought it when they were 4K. Then they were 3500 and now they're 2500. Still, it's one of the best investments I ever made.

I think the new generation iBooks are the absolute deal of the century and the new 14" is a bargain and a half. I gave my wife a special edition graphite iBook a year ago and she loves it but I wouldn't mind replacing it with a new 14". The kids fight over their ("old style") iMac all the time and are both claiming dibs on my G3 (black) powerbook as soon as my Titanium G4 arrives.</STRONG>

I set up OS 10.1.2 on my son's iMac. Works great with two caveats: I bumped his ram to 512mb, and installed X and 9 on separate partitions. The result is crash-free computing...very nice.

Comment

As for monitors, I love the 22" Cinema Display hooked up to my dual 500 G4.
              I wish I knew how to make this little smiley guy green...to represent my envy.

Nope...sticking with 9.1. I figure I will until I upgrade machines. None of my aps (`cept Photoshop 6) would really take advantage of OSX, so I'm waiting.

Either of you use Illustartor 10 yet? I have 9, but find myself using 8 most of the time anyway because it's faster (for me, anyway). I jump to 9 when I need it's gizmos...like transparency.
              ''I heard if you do a 15-second lap, you can see the tail of your car in Turn 1 when you are coming out of Turn 4.'' -- Eddie Cheever on Richmond International Raceway, the shortest track ever run in the IRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R:
                <STRONG>.....crash-free computing...very nice.</STRONG>
                Gee, what is that like?

I keep thinking about getting a Mac for my next computer.

Of course I need to find the Mac version of Indy Car Racing II if I am going to do that!

Comment

It looks like an igloo with a solar panel mounted on top.
                  http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think that Mac's are attractive and very powerful PC's, but until they can run Microsft OS, they will trail significantly in the marketplace. Maybe I'm just a product of the Microsoft era, but I know too much about how Windows operates to up and change now. I don't think I'm alone.
                    All Roads Lead to Indy...

Comment

Originally posted by IndyRob:
                      <STRONG>I think that Mac's are attractive and very powerful PC's, but until they can run Microsft OS, they will trail significantly in the marketplace. Maybe I'm just a product of the Microsoft era, but I know too much about how Windows operates to up and change now. I don't think I'm alone.</STRONG>
                      They can run Windows. Get a piece of software called Virtual PC and you can run Windows and all the PC aps you want. I use it now and then.

Not wanting this thread to deteriorate into a Windows v. Mac tirade but ... I always thought of Windows (which was copied after the Mac interface) being like the result you'd get when translating a great novel by Hemingway from English to French, from French to Italian, from Italian to German, and from German back to English.

Comment

Originally posted by Parsons W. Newbury:
                        <STRONG>

Not wanting this thread to deteriorate into a Windows v. Mac tirade but ... I always thought of Windows (which was copied after the Mac interface) being like the result you'd get when translating a great novel by Hemingway from English to French, from French to Italian, from Italian to German, and from German back to English.
                        </STRONG>
                        Apple went for both the hardware & software markets - and botched it.

To bring it back to racing, as time goes on, Apple = CART, IRL = Microsoft.

Actually, CART & IRL are Unix & Linux, and NASCAR is Microsoft...
                        http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Apple, the Betamax of computers

Comment

Originally posted by indyracer56:
                            <STRONG>

Gee, what is that like?

I keep thinking about getting a Mac for my next computer.

Of course I need to find the Mac version of Indy Car Racing II if I am going to do that! </STRONG>
                            Like many others, I use PCs at the office and Macs at home. They're both cool, although I feel more like a 'master of my own domain' on the Mac side.

Comment

That is a really cool looking design. The first thing that popped into my mind is that it looks like my cat could knock it over....Just how stable is that unit?

Slimmy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X