• Show
Clear All

• What chassis is this?

What chassis did Gnassis use last year?
    http://www.motorsport.com/photos/irl...nd-tm-0805.jpg

Doesn't look like Penske's
    http://www.motorsport.com/photos/irl...nd-tm-0802.jpg

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: cartfan ]

The first link popped up a webpage graphic.

I am assuming your comparing Ganassi's Indy chassis to Penske's Indy chassis? In that case Chip used the G-Force chassis for his four entries in the 500. The debate is hot on which is the best "race" car but in my opinion the G-Force is one of the best looking race cars in a long time!

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: WhirlinGraphics ]
    "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
    the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
    -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

Sorry about that,it did not transfer. Thank you for your answer.

Comment

Your welcome!

Have you seen the new Target paint scheme? Pretty cool! Will look even better on an IRL chassis!
        "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
        the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
        -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

Hey Whirl,try the posts again,I tried a new location. Yeah I have seen the new Target livery,I was wondering how it would transfer to an Irl chassis. If you go the the Cart site,I posted some pics of the new Lola chassis with the new Target livery.

I was wandering why is it teams use the Penske chassis more than the one Gnassis uses.

And wouldn't it be interesting if Lola designs the F1 like nose into their 2003 IRL/Cart chassis.

Comment

I also agree with you Whirl that the G-Force chassis as you say,looks better.

Comment

I've heard Ganassi has a business connection to GForce hence his selection. Penkse went with the easier car to setup.

Comment

Unlike some of you, I think a Dallara in Marlboro colors is the best looking open wheel car in all of racing! I am glad one was shown that didn't have the Marlboro name removed, and I am a non-smoker.

It is also interesting to look at the aero ad-ons at the rear of the both cars, at the option of both teams.

Wether you prefer either make, the IRL cars are well thought and put together.

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: Mackie ]

Comment

Originally posted by cartfan:
                  <STRONG>
                  And wouldn't it be interesting if Lola designs the F1 like nose into their 2003 IRL/Cart chassis.</STRONG>
                  Cartfan, my understanding is that the raised nose (ala F1) is illegal in both CART and IRL. The closest approximation was the last Penske chassis that sculpted the nose to approximate the raised nose.
                  "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

I agree about the Marlboro Dallara. I thought it looked WAAYYYY better than the Marlboro Reynskes in CART. But I've always thought the Reynards were very homely, going all the way back to Jacque V's 1995 Indy winner.
                    "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X