X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z28's spotted testing with Indy stickers

Odd but Indycar related

http://jalopnik.com/5670715/chevy-ca...mic-revolution
    I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

2011 Pace Car? Very cool. Makes me happy Gaston Chevrolet won INDY in 1920 :izod2
    the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Time for a Shelby Mustang....................
      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Centennial stickers as opposed to 2011 stickers. Obviously the Speedway won't announce a pace car until late winter - February or March.
        "Indycars should be beasts." - Gil de Ferran
        @bigmo500

Comment

There's a Camaro convertible due out for the 2011 model, I would bet the ranch that will be your 2011 pace car.
          "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
          "They're criminals"
          "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Picture taken in Roosevelt National Forrest, BTW.
            It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Very cool though...................
              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by numrounofan View Post
                2011 Pace Car? Very cool. Makes me happy Gaston Chevrolet won INDY in 1920 :izod2
                your point is valid. and i'm just really being a "know-it-all" so no offense intended...

but the Chevrolet brothers hadn't been involved with the Chevrolet brand for YEARS by the time Gaston won. He won is a Frontenac (monroe but basically a Frontenac) which I think were the Chevrolet brothers cars after seperating from GM/Chevy brand.

Comment

Notice how the front end of the cars are covered up?!,..apparently Chevy has already made a face-lift to the new model.
                  ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I still think there needs to be a convertible.
                    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

I know there are business reasons for a modern car, but I would like a Stoddard Dayton to be involved somehow. Can you imagine it, 100 years later? It does solve the convertible problem

"I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
                      " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Originally posted by brad pbc View Post
                        your point is valid. and i'm just really being a "know-it-all" so no offense intended...

but the Chevrolet brothers hadn't been involved with the Chevrolet brand for YEARS by the time Gaston won. He won is a Frontenac (monroe but basically a Frontenac) which I think were the Chevrolet brothers cars after seperating from GM/Chevy brand.
                        Yes, named after the French Govenor of the "New World" or New France...a little jab at the the English...although the brothers were Swiss....but I'm sure you knew that....
                        the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring View Post
                          Time for a Shelby Mustang....................
                          Would be cool but not gonna happen.
                          "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

They better not choose a blimey Camaro for the 100th anniversary. I want to see a real pace car. A camaro, in my humble opinion, is an embarrassment to the American automobile.

They should have a custom 100% electric Corvette. It would be the perfect choice for many reasons.

Comment

In 1928 Arthur filed for a patent for the "overhead valve engine and later became a pioneer builder in Sprint car racing. Louis lost everything he had in the Great Depression and went to work at a Chevrolet factory on the assembly line before dying penniless in 1941.

All three brothers, Arthur, Louis and 1920 Indy 500 winner Gaston are buried side by side in Indianapolis at Holy Cross and St. Joseph Cemetery.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                              I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X