The Milwaukee Mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Milwaukee Mile

According to a little blurb in Chris Economaki's column in NSSN, ticket inquiries have been tremendous. I sure hope so. I love this track. Here is the site for ticket information.

http://milwaukeemile2011.com/Milwauk...e_Welcome.html

--

I'm really hoping there's a bus trip offered. I'd love to go!
    IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
    --
    On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

I'm in.
      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
      ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

A Milwaukee Mile busting at the seams with fans next year would go a long way to soothe the pain of some of the painfully pathetic oval attendance from this past season.

:izod2
        "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Hopefully the near loss of the track will make people in that area realize they need to support it. It has so much history and is such a great track for racing.
          "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

That mention in NSSN was the first I had heard of The Mile asking for people to contact them so excuse me if my socks don't jettison. The brand new promoter, with no races under their belts, with no ticket prices listed, no schedule of events on that website can tell Chris Economaki 'tremendous' but if someone like myself, an attendee at the Mile for more than 30 years only found out they were even asking after the 'tremendous' response that word is nothing but hype.

Get as happy as you like in October at what you hear, let's see what June looks like.
            "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
            "They're criminals"
            "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Don't hold back, Z....

ZOOOM
              "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
              James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

There's been a couple articles I've read that seems to suggest that there's been a lot of interest. Here's one;

Milwaukee Mile Race Promoters Respond To Flood Of Early Ticketing Requests

Following the recent announcement that the IndyCar Series will return to the Milwaukee Mile in 2011, fans have flocked to the event phone number.

According to promoter AB Productions CEO Chris McGrath, "Response has been outstanding. In just a few days following the racing schedule press conference, we have received thousands of calls and requests about tickets for the June 19, 2011 race - many from prior season ticket holders. The support and well wishes from so many so early deepen our conviction that we're on track for a great weekend in Milwaukee on Father's Day next year."

Fans should know that the promoter of the event, AB Promotions, will be contacting former season ticket holders who have registered on the Web site or called the company with requests to purchase tickets for the 2011 event. "Our goal is to place them in or as close to their former seats as possible," commented McGrath. Once prior season ticket holders have been re-ticketed, a process that is expected to take about 30 days, individual tickets will be offered to the general public.

Former season ticket holders who have not already done so should fill out the online ticket inquiry form on www.milwaukeemile2011.com or call 1-800-722-3840 as soon as possible to ensure they are contacted in advance of the general public ticket sales. Those who have not held season tickets in the past may also complete the online form to receive email notification of general public ticketing details and other race updates as soon as the information is available.

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-145724.html
                ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by Z28 View Post
                  That mention in NSSN was the first I had heard of The Mile asking for people to contact them so excuse me if my socks don't jettison. The brand new promoter, with no races under their belts, with no ticket prices listed, no schedule of events on that website can tell Chris Economaki 'tremendous' but if someone like myself, an attendee at the Mile for more than 30 years only found out they were even asking after the 'tremendous' response that word is nothing but hype.

Get as happy as you like in October at what you hear, let's see what June looks like.
                  Maybe just maybe the people contacting them weren't asked to contact them. Maybe they heard the announcement that Milwaukee was back on the schedule and wanted to make sure they could get tickets, or even just asking for prices and when they would be availible.
                  Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

here is some ticket info a fan posted here at TF. not sure how accurate it is, but for your review....

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...-info-Released!
                    http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Right on the Mile's website it says ticket info will soon be available and to contact them with questions or to get on a mailing list to know when tickets are available.

Sorry if that confuses you.
                      What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by seeutrackside View Post
                        Right on the Mile's website it says ticket info will soon be available and to contact them with questions or to get on a mailing list to know when tickets are available.

Sorry if that confuses you.
                        Sometimes people with an agenda don't take time to research facts before they rant.
                        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I'm still waiting for these guys to get back to me with ticket info. I'm ready to spend some bux for the 2 day tickets with paddoc passes.

If they are reading this or if RB reads this, thell them to get off their butts and take care of the paying public.
                          the longer they wait, the more likely prospects will become disinterested.
                          "If there are no dogs in Heaven, when I die I want to go where they go" Will Rodgers

I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Simple incompetence is a far more sinister force in the world than evil intent.

Comment

Update...............................

A phone call to the number listed on the Milwaukee Mile website yieled a recorded message "for tickets press 1" which I did.

Same recorded voice said that all the ticket representative(s) is/are busy, leave name ,phone and email. Which I did.

Also told the recording that I was ready to spend money and I hope to hear something real soon.

For what it's worth...

Randy,are you reading this?

Help me spend money.
                            "If there are no dogs in Heaven, when I die I want to go where they go" Will Rodgers

I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Simple incompetence is a far more sinister force in the world than evil intent.

Comment

Originally posted by 9rows View Post
                              here is some ticket info a fan posted here at TF. not sure how accurate it is, but for your review....

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...-info-Released!
                              This was info sent to me by signing up on their website which I did 20 minutes after I attended the news conference. Its as accurate of info that there will be to my knowledge. Not sure why nobody else who signed up hasn't received it yet.
                              Proud fan of Helio Castroneves - 4 TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 Winner 🏆

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X