Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franchitti Wants to Run a Full Season in V8 Supercar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franchitti Wants to Run a Full Season in V8 Supercar?

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2010/10/2...k-raceway-600/
    Gregg Sebald

Just interview speak.

“I like this V8 and IndyCar combined event, I think it's new and exciting,” Franchitti said.

“I may be back again. I could even race for a season, who knows, we'll see how this weekend goes first".
    "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
    www.fairtax.org

Comment

Dario has a past relationship with DTM/ITC... That's how he started his career.

Vintage 1995/1996....:

Comment

Originally posted by use2know View Post
        Dario has a past relationship with DTM/ITC... That's how he started his career.

Vintage 1995/1996....:

V8 Supercars aren't the same as DTM.

V8s are tube frame chassis similar to Nascar, DTM cars are carbon fibre chassised silhouettes which are only really similar to Super GT which runs in Japan
        Rockingham UK '01 / Long Beach & Brands Hatch '03
        Le Mans 24 Hours '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '05 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12
        Pikes Peak Hillclimb '08 / NHRA Colorado '08 / NHRA Gatornationals '13 / Sebring '13

Comment

DTM, the real DTM, not that abomination that calls itself DTM nowadays, used to be production car based, Group N if I'm not mistaken.
          MotorRacingblog.nl | Kwaliteitsblog

Comment

Whether it's V8, indycars, ALMS or stockcars doesn't matter. Dario is a racer. It's in his blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel View Post
              DTM, the real DTM, not that abomination that calls itself DTM nowadays, used to be production car based, Group N if I'm not mistaken.
              Yes, "the real" DTM used to be production based. BMW E30, mercedes W201, Opel Calibra, etc. What Dario used to race were highly sophisticated machines, actually even more technically advanced, than F1. Active suspension, dampers that could change its stiffness several times in a single corner, etc. That's why DTM collapsed - it went from "street cars" to "spaceships" not even in 10 years. And so did costs...

Comment

Originally posted by johnics View Post
                V8 Supercars aren't the same as DTM.

V8s are tube frame chassis similar to Nascar, DTM cars are carbon fibre chassised silhouettes which are only really similar to Super GT which runs in Japan
                Ummm.... OK.... I thought I was clear in my original post that he started in DTM/ITC... Where did I say that he had previously run V-8 Supers.....? I never tried to compare the two....

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan43 View Post
                  Whether it's V8, indycars, ALMS or stockcars doesn't matter. Dario is a racer. It's in his blood.
                  Hmm, then maybe he should try a wwingless midget and sprint car, too? Then maybe a WoO sprinter? Nah, don't think so!

Reminds me of the time I asked Castroneves what he thought about running a midget around the Nazareth mile. He responded with: "I think you need some - what is it you say - big cajonies to do that". Uh huh.

Comment

Whether it's V8, indycars, ALMS or stockcars doesn't matter. Dario is a flier. It's in his blood.

Shuttling back and forth between Australia, the US, and occasionally UK to see his mum is how he'll be only the 8th to recieve a Ten Million Miles card.

"Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
                    “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
                    "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

V-8 Supercars rock. Before Speedvision was hijacked and turned into AllNASCARallthe time It was a great winter racing fix...

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman View Post
                        Hmm, then maybe he should try a wwingless midget and sprint car, too? Then maybe a WoO sprinter? Nah, don't think so!

Reminds me of the time I asked Castroneves what he thought about running a midget around the Nazareth mile. He responded with: "I think you need some - what is it you say - big cajonies to do that". Uh huh.
                        This miget/sprint being scary stuff is really quite laughable, I've given all my buddies/co workers rides, hell my old lady pulls quick times at our track.
                        Q: The Stanley Cup was recently on tour through my town and I kissed it, is there any chance I mite catch listeria?

A: NO you are safe, the cup hasn't touched any Maple Leaf products in 40 years

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

I think the real issue here is there is we have a fanbase, promoter, and drivers that want IndyCar there so bad that they will invite AND PAY all of the IndyCar stars to fly over and participate even when the series won't.

Seriously, why the hell isn't the series running there?

Comment

Originally posted by Cosworth View Post
                            This miget/sprint being scary stuff is really quite laughable, I've given all my buddies/co workers rides, hell my old lady pulls quick times at our track.
                            I challenge anyone to do "quick times" at Wichester (IN) Speedway in a midget or sprint and then say the scary stuff is really quite "laughable".

Better bring a change of underwear if you even attempt it.
                            Gregg Sebald

Comment

Originally posted by rrrr View Post
                              V-8 Supercars rock. Before Speedvision was hijacked and turned into AllNASCARallthe time It was a great winter racing fix...
                              Yes it was.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X