Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randy Bernard on Don Kay's Show @ 7 P.M.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Bernard on Don Kay's Show @ 7 P.M.

If you're interested.

http://www.autosportradio.com/current_show.aspx
    Gregg Sebald

Great increase in sponsorship spend.
    Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Recap for those who missed it?

Comment

Originally posted by NMan View Post
        Recap for those who missed it?
        Ok let's see what I can remember
        USAC sponsorship will be for the oval races only in FIL with an established team. He doesn't want to set those guys up to fair. The owners can run them on road courses if they want but he doesn't want the pressure on them to succeeed at something they haven't done.
        Working hard to get JK Vernay a schlorship to IndyCars.
        Wants kids 9 and up access to the garage areas.
        Expects 2 engines in 2012
        Las Vegas will probably be an IndyCar promoted event because RB wants to do the finale their way and he thinks with his connections he can really do it right.
        the sponsor spending in 2010 more than doubled to 81 million.
        Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Thanks - sorry for the response in the other thread
          "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
          ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Also said they wanted multiple chassis and each company was told to give a price with and without competition. And with each one wanted atleast double the amount for a chassis with competition.
            When he went to Europe they had I think it was an hour or hour and a helf meeting scheduled. It lasted over 5 hours. And while over there they all pretty much thought the V-6 better suited the direction they wanted to go.
            Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by The Stickman View Post
              Ok let's see what I can remember
              USAC sponsorship will be for the oval races only in FIL with an established team. He doesn't want to set those guys up to fair. The owners can run them on road courses if they want but he doesn't want the pressure on them to succeeed at something they haven't done.
              Working hard to get JK Vernay a schlorship to IndyCars.
              Wants kids 9 and up access to the garage areas.
              Expects 2 engines in 2012
              Las Vegas will probably be an IndyCar promoted event because RB wants to do the finale their way and he thinks with his connections he can really do it right.
              the sponsor spending in 2010 more than doubled to 81 million.
              Sounds like a great great plan. I hope RB can make this happen. If so it can only be a positive for the series.

Comment

Said that they were scheduled to go 1.5 hours with Ferrari, and ended up going 5+. Said that majority of companies they talked to preferred the V6 as being more in tune with their marketing plans. The GRE had some manufacturers miffed at "their series," which I took as a reference to F1.

Said that he thought there would not be just one engine for 2012, and sounded pretty bullish on the aerokit situation for 2012. Didn't say anything specific about numbers of kits, just that he thought folks would be surprised.

Said he didn't want rich kids who's daddies buy them a seat! Then covered his ass real quick by saying he wasn't knocking any current drivers. Whew! That was a close one.
                Last edited by Oben; 10-19-2010, 09:22 PM.
                My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Oben View Post
                  Said that they were scheduled to go 1.5 hours with Ferrari, and ended up going 5+.
                  If they thought it was only an hour or so, why the hell wouldn't you just do a videoconference??

I reckon all Big wigs are foolish, even the one just up from the rodeo
                  "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13 View Post
                    If they thought it was only an hour or so, why the hell wouldn't you just do a videoconference??

And had they done that they would have missed out on a HUGE opprotunity.

Comment

He went to Europe to meet with a number of manufacturers. Ferrari was just one of those meetings.
                      Last edited by Oben; 10-19-2010, 10:21 PM.
                      My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Comment

Oh. Never mind!

Brian's Wish

Comment

Because sometimes you need to shake a man's hand and look him in the eye...partner.
                          It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Originally posted by The Stickman View Post
                            ...Las Vegas will probably be an IndyCar promoted event because RB wants to do the finale their way and he thinks with his connections he can really do it right...
                            OK... l hope this isn't veiled way of saying 'track rental'.... I've been wrong before...

Comment

Would you pass up a chance to go to Ferrari HQ?

I'm getting really excited for 2012, but I've taped my socks on just in case

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X