Old Indy Garage Door Pic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Indy Garage Door Pic?

Anyone have a really good picture of the old green and white indy garage doors? I have looked on the net and cant find a good one. Suppose I could make the trip over to the museum but wont have time until december...would like to get the pic before then.
    Thanks
    I'm gonna wiggle it at 'em, you cheap [email protected]@rd. Be prepared, because when I yank it out, everybody in that audience except my wife is gonna be runnin' for the exits.

Unless someone beats me to it, I can get you one at the museum this week. I should have a pic already at home, I think.

I think they also have an original door setup (or a re-creation) at the Panther shop down by the airport, don't they?
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

look here, post #25
      http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...=163095&page=2
      "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
      body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
      "...holy $^!+...what a ride!"
      >

Comment

http://www.rnrrace.com/pages/008.htm
        ...been there, done that, tasted the champagne.

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13 View Post
          Unless someone beats me to it, I can get you one at the museum this week. I should have a pic already at home, I think.

I think they also have an original door setup (or a re-creation) at the Panther shop down by the airport, don't they?
          Do know how to get into the archive of photos at IMS? Back in 2000 I worked the pits with Treadway racing. It was a favor from a friend Skip Faul. Anyway on Carb Day they wanted to practice pit stops so they had a backup car on pit lane and asked me to get in and keep my foot on the break while they jacked the car up and practiced changing tires. The IMS photographer took several photographs and gave me his card but I never went in to get the photos. I know how dumb huh? I have heard they keep all of these photos archived. Any help would be great. Thanks

Comment

There are also a couple of photos on the Dryer & Reinbold site in their photos section under 2010 Driver announcements. They have some original doors in their shop.
            "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
            Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
            www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by IRLCREW View Post
              Do know how to get into the archive of photos at IMS? Back in 2000 I worked the pits with Treadway racing. It was a favor from a friend Skip Faul. Anyway on Carb Day they wanted to practice pit stops so they had a backup car on pit lane and asked me to get in and keep my foot on the break while they jacked the car up and practiced changing tires. The IMS photographer took several photographs and gave me his card but I never went in to get the photos. I know how dumb huh? I have heard they keep all of these photos archived. Any help would be great. Thanks
              Call the trackside photo shop at IMS 317 - 492 -6771
              ...been there, done that, tasted the champagne.

Comment

Thanks to everyone...in the process of slowly putting together my sports theme viewing area in the basement, the viewing room is next to the basement utility area seperated by a 3 foot door. Was looking at it this weekend and thought it might look cool to paint the door like the garage doors. My wife is the painter in the family so wanted to pass a pic along to her to get her opinion.
                I'm gonna wiggle it at 'em, you cheap [email protected]@rd. Be prepared, because when I yank it out, everybody in that audience except my wife is gonna be runnin' for the exits.

Comment

here's the link to the historic 500 photos on the IMS site (they really make it difficult to find!!) I put the page at the end of the link on the 1940s
                  http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway...s-500/page/30/
                  found this one right away- imagine there are many more in the 50s section

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                  "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
                  "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
                  "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

not very good, but it's all i could find in my stuff on a quick search:

http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

I went on a tour of DRR and they have built replicas of the old garages, they have the paint room in one etc..

Comment

Originally posted by IRLCREW View Post
                        The Photo Shop is on the second floor of the Hall Of Fame Museum. Go in there, and ask to see the proof sheet books from 2000. Find out what the date of Carb Day was that year (the proof sheet pages are arranged chronologically). There will probably be 40-50 pages of thumbnail-sized photos to look through. Do you still have the photographer's card? It should tell you the photographer's number, which will help find the correct page, because the pages are arranged chronologically by Photographer Number. If no luck in proof pages, they might be slides. (They were still shooting slide film then). You might be eligible for a discount as a team member if you still have your hard card. Hope this helps!
                        So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Here's one you may like!

“With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
                          I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
                          I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Originally posted by jandj View Post
                            Here's one you may like!

Oh my.....I do like...in fact, and this tells you how freakin dumb I am...its hanging in my Indy 500 themed guest bedroom....guess I had a pic right down the hall....totally forgot about it....Im an idiot....but thanks for providing and reminding me. I guess its a sign of good times, just means the wife hasnt kicked me to the guest bedroom in quite sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodStone1969 View Post
                              The Photo Shop is on the second floor of the Hall Of Fame Museum. Go in there, and ask to see the proof sheet books from 2000. Find out what the date of Carb Day was that year (the proof sheet pages are arranged chronologically). There will probably be 40-50 pages of thumbnail-sized photos to look through. Do you still have the photographer's card? It should tell you the photographer's number, which will help find the correct page, because the pages are arranged chronologically by Photographer Number. If no luck in proof pages, they might be slides. (They were still shooting slide film then). You might be eligible for a discount as a team member if you still have your hard card. Hope this helps!
                              Thank you very much. Track Forum members know everything Indy Car. Best Open wheel site on the web.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X