Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Silent Pagoda: 2010 Paggie Awards

http://silentpagoda.com/blog/2010/10...%AE/#more-7820

The 2010 IndyCar season has passed, but it left this world doing what it loved: handing Chip Ganassi his winnings. It was a season well-lived for the most part — a spirited, plucky season full of changes & holograms & crazy IZOD beach parties only accessible by wakeboards or helicopters. There seemed to be lots of announcements of various kinds, for good or ill, but none of them were streamed to the masses particularly well. Some races shined, others did not, and in the end we were left wanting more — which is all any season can hope to be.

Let’s get to the awards.

Roy may well have qualified for nomination for a Robin Miller "Bitten Hand" award O menino tem algumas bolas grandes
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

This is by far the best thing I have read all year:

The Disaster Narrowly AVERTED Award: The Delta Wing
    Hahaha. Remember that thing?? Part of me never wants to mention it again. But the other part never grows tired of picturing Scott Dixon having to explain the aerodynamic features of the Delta Wing & what they look like … but only being able to do so by silently & embarrassingly pointing to the crotch on a man doll — and then crying softly.
    But ultimately, the right decision was reached. Because as the Bible probably says, “pixelated & aroused is no way to go through life, my son.â€‌ Amen.
    You can't argue with that.

Comment

Delta Wing comments = priceless!
      I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

what's a Paggie? is it referring to Paul Paige?
        "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
        "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
        "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Stick500 View Post
          what's a Paggie? is it referring to Paul Paige?
          It refers to the title of the blog, The Silent Pagoda. And I wouldn't ask what that means...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X