Hotwheels & Greenlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotwheels & Greenlight

To say I was disapointed in Hotwheels would be an understatement. I thought they were supposed to be at major retailers. Only new 1/24 was Danica. I heard a rumor that Greenlight would do some 1/18s. Very little new diecast last 2 years.

I have heard greenlight will be back next year with 1:18ths also.

Comment

Wheres everyone geting there sources? But anyways i'd like to see Greenlight back being Hotwheels has not done much.

Comment

I collect toy race cars & was excited when I first read Hot Wheels was going to produce Indy Cars. The CART diecasts they made in the late 90's were really well done.

I assume it must have been part of the contact but, the only place I've seen all the 2008 Indy Cars is at the IMS gift shop. They got some road racing versions in earlier this summer. FYI: I think most of the cars in the gift shop now have Honda printed on the airbox. I'd love to know why that was left off the original release if anyone out there has the info. My biggest disappointment was the price! Eight dollars each for 1/64 scale cars was bad enough. Thirty-five dollars for the 1/24 scale cars with no more detail than they had??

If there's any Meijer stores near you, they had some of the cars in their diecast section. The prices were marked way down here in Indy a couple of months ago.

Comment

I figured it out. If HotWheels sold the Indycar diecasts at retailers they would need to be 97 cents like the rest of them. The 8 or 10 bucks or whatever Hotwheels is charging for 1/64 is crap.

Comment

If Greenlight is back with 1/18 next year that would be great - but I hope this time they are accurate.
            "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Whenever I saw the Hot Wheels 1:64's at Target or Wal-Mart, they were around $5. Personally, I prefer the Hot Wheels 1:64's, I thought the 2008 Greenlight 1:64's were fragile.

Comment

Expectations were pretty high when the Hot Wheels announcement was made because most people thought it was real when in fact it was all flash. The reality is that they didn't produce products in numbers for wide distribution because there was no market for them very far beyond the IMS gift shop. No need to manufacture what you won't be able to sell. The prices are so much higher than regular Hot Wheels no doubt because IMS required a licensing fee so high that in the small production numbers the price had to rise accordingly. Like most major announcements that concern national, new and mass market partners that come from the IndyCar series it didn't measure up to what it was claimed to be. And in the end not much changes.
                "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                "They're criminals"
                "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

I'm sorry about Carousel 1 closing their doors. They also stopped making the plastic top that fits on the Carousel 1 base of the cars. I thought that they did a great job and I would have liked for them to have made Parnelli's STP Turbine.

Comment

If they weren't $35 for a stinkin crappy model, my 4 year old nephew would have more than one. If the 1/64 weren't an INSANE $8, He'd have the whole grid, and would be an Indycar fan instead of a Kyle Busch fan.....
                    Proud fan of Helio Castroneves - 4 TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 Winner 🏆

Comment

Originally posted by Mearsfan53081 View Post
                      If they weren't $35 for a stinkin crappy model, my 4 year old nephew would have more than one. If the 1/64 weren't an INSANE $8, He'd have the whole grid, and would be an Indycar fan instead of a Kyle Busch fan.....
                      Exactly. The Indycar series needed to take no profit in exchange for massive promotion, by having 97 cent cars everywhere. That is the answer. Even NASCAR 1/64 aren't that cheap.
                      And don't forget the heat!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                        I'm sorry about Carousel 1 closing their doors. They also stopped making the plastic top that fits on the Carousel 1 base of the cars. I thought that they did a great job and I would have liked for them to have made Parnelli's STP Turbine.
                        I will pay for quality and as such I have all but four of the Carousel 1 Indy 500 Cars. To say I am less than impressed with both Greenlight and Hotwheels is an understatement. Hotwheels used to produce a highly detailed Formula 1 car and I guess I was expecting the same from them for various IndyCars which I would gladly buy and pay for.

Comment

i picked up 3 of the 1:24 (andretti, rahal, dixon) at a local discount store for $10 each. depends on where you look.
                          77 Forever - Rest in Peace Dan.

- @KBrughelli11
                          - @AcrossTheBricks

"Life is too short to be consumed by the circumstances that make us sour." - Helio Castroneves

Comment

I bought 3 or 4 of 1/64 every time I got dragged to Target @ $1.99 ea have the whole set plus a few extras.
                            I hate it when people compare Senna with god . . . I mean he is okay, but come on he isn't Senna. . .

Comment

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/s.../2010/indycar/
                              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X