Ganassi staying with only 2 cars for 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ganassi staying with only 2 cars for 2011

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but I read on the National Speed Sport News website, from an interview with Chip Ganassi, that he has no plans to add a 3rd car, and says he's perfectly happy with his two drivers, even if someone like Graham Rahal or Tony Kannan were to have been available 6 months ago, with sponsors in hand!

I wasn't expecting Slim Fast to help the league get a seat for a popular driver anyways. Though I hope he keeps hiring foreign drivers for his NASCAR program. If Indy Car can't get team owners to help grow the league maybe we can infest NASCAR with them so they can at least destruct the competition
    We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

Honestly, I don't understand why owners such as Chip Ganassi or Roger Penske doesn't do more to help the sport they say the love.

Especially Ganassi, he hasn't done much in terms of driver development the last couple of years.

Comment

If Ganassi did half as much as Andretti he would be helping, he's in it for Chip.
        "In America, the winner goes to Victory Lane, everybody else goes to the garage and should soak their tears in their beer and figure out how to be faster next week."
        Eddie Gossage

Comment

I think it is tough to bash a guy who has been pretty successful on the track the past few years. There are threads on how he's catching up with Penske. Maybe by him concentrating on his team has allowed him to be so successful. Sure, it would be great if he had 10 cars on the grid, but maybe he realizes that he's properly funded and has good chemistry on his team that he isn't willing to mess with. Can't say I blame him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by mathouser View Post
            If Ganassi did half as much as Andretti he would be helping, he's in it for Chip.
            You would be correct with that thought.

Comment

Originally posted by TUBORG-fan View Post
              Honestly, I don't understand why owners such as Chip Ganassi or Roger Penske doesn't do more to help the sport they say the love.

Especially Ganassi, he hasn't done much in terms of driver development the last couple of years.
              Honestly, I think the sport would be better if neither of them owned teams. IMO.

When did Floyd ever develop drivers anyway?
              What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by TUBORG-fan View Post

I would respectfully disagree. He brought a great sponsor to the series...he helps out Sam at Indy. His job is to win, not attract other sponsors or drivers that might beat him!
                I Love May!

Comment

IndyCar racing is a business. Chip is successful (ie: he make a profit) in this business. He meets all requirements set forth by the IICS to own and operate a team. IICS uses Chip's success to promote itself and to charge hefty sanctioning fees to the tracks that want to see Chip's teams running there.

If Chip and Roger were to close up shop tomorrow, do you think the sanctioning fees would remain at their current levels?
                  "I have been bored out of my skull by slower racing." - Turn13

Comment

Originally posted by seeutrackside View Post
                    Honestly, I think the sport would be better if neither of them owned teams. IMO.

I'm with you 100 percent. Same goes with Honda. I know it will hurt short term but long term the league without Penske, Ganassi and Honda is the best route. It's like band-aid.....just rip it off. With Penske I'm sure he's about to retire and if Tim Cindric running the show I think you'll see a guy that cares more about the sport than his wallet. Nobody is going to compete with Honda and their big wallets and Gannasi...well...two less cares is a small sacrafice to remove him from the equation. He's whole cry baby attitiude over the DW rejection was the last straw from me. Like I said above, take your foreign drivers and penis of a car and go destroy NASCAR!
                    We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by PenelopePitstop View Post
                      IndyCar racing is a business. Chip is successful (ie: he make a profit) in this business. He meets all requirements set forth by the IICS to own and operate a team. IICS uses Chip's success to promote itself and to charge hefty sanctioning fees to the tracks that want to see Chip's teams running there.

If Chip and Roger were to close up shop tomorrow, do you think the sanctioning fees would remain at their current levels?
                      Have you seen the tv ratings or track attendance the past 5 years? Who are these people that want to see Chip Ganassi drivers and team race? Please say you were being sarcastic with your post!

Comment

I've learned to take Chipster's comments with a grain of salt.
                        "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by PenelopePitstop View Post

Helping the sport by developing some of the up and coming drivers (who can't get a seat anyway because lack of money) seems to be quite possible for both Penske and Ganassi, it would certainly help the sport.
                          My point is, Penske is doing all these things in NASCAR, why can't he do it in IndyCar?
                          I have the deepest respect for both of them (Ganassi and Penske) it's not their fault they are dominating, but since they are the two most dominant team owners in the sport, they could show some of their supremacy in helping grow the sport and give young drivers such as Jonathan Summerton, Jr Hildebrand, Graham Rahal and Charlie Kimball a little hand.

It certainly wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by seeutrackside View Post

Not only has he not developed drivers, but IMO, he actually stunted the growth of a particular one that he signed under a "Driver Development Contract"...Alex Lloyd

With Ganassi, Lloyd drove twice in the 500, twice in the 24 Hours at Daytona, and once at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah in an 8-hour endurance event over a two-year period.

Alex asked to be released from that contract so that he could try to find a more substantive situation that would put him behind the wheel.

I think Chip signed him so that another team like AA couldn't pick him up...again, JMHO...

I could be wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by SnakePitLounge View Post
                              I'm with you 100 percent. Same goes with Honda. I know it will hurt short term but long term the league without Penske, Ganassi and Honda is the best route. It's like band-aid.....just rip it off. With Penske I'm sure he's about to retire and if Tim Cindric running the show I think you'll see a guy that cares more about the sport than his wallet. Nobody is going to compete with Honda and their big wallets and Gannasi...well...two less cares is a small sacrafice to remove him from the equation. He's whole cry baby attitiude over the DW rejection was the last straw from me. Like I said above, take your foreign drivers and penis of a car and go destroy NASCAR!
                              yeah, and tell them to take Firestone with them! okee dokee ...now who PAYS for everything???? :krusty :kk
                              Last edited by Sybil D. Sobydianz; 10-14-2010, 05:24 PM.
                              the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X