Indy Car Bus Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy Car Bus Trips

Just curious if anyone on this forum has ever organized a bus trip for Track Forum members to an Indy Car race. Might be a fun thing to do if there were enough people in a given area interested.

Milwaukee might be an excellent trial balloon for that sort of thing, if folks were interested.
    IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
    --
    On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

Originally posted by AFColt View Post
      Milwaukee might be an excellent trial balloon for that sort of thing, if folks were interested.
      Agreed, I have been to that race several times many years ago. Milwaukee is a nice town too. Also, let the bus driver deal with the Chicagoland traffic.

Comment

MegaBus--Chicago to Milwaukee, and Milwaukee to Chicago.

http://us.megabus.com/JourneyResults.aspx

Looked further, no direct service between Indy and Milwaukee. They do have Indy to Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa View Post
          MegaBus--Chicago to Milwaukee, and Milwaukee to Chicago.

Looked further, no direct service between Indy and Milwaukee. They do have Indy to Chicago.

Uh, I think they are talking about chartering a private bus...
          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
          ~~Groucho Marx
          I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

That bus would NEVER get to the track...

Everyone aboard would argue about the fastest way to get there, groups would form, and certain individuals would get tossed off the bus.

You would have to bring the mods too.
            "Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-holder."

15G. Rahal
            5 J. Hinchcliffe
            18. S Bourdais
            98 A. Rossi

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
              Uh, I think they are talking about chartering a private bus...
              Yes, I know. But, an individual might want to try this.

Comment

I wonder how much it'd cost to charter a private bus? And if there's enough interest to check into it?
                IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
                --

Comment

Don't know if they still do, but Downforce (IRL Crew) used to do bus trips from Indy to the nearby tracks.
                  Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
                  Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

"There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bean View Post

Everyone aboard would argue about the fastest way to get there, groups would form, and certain individuals would get tossed off the bus.

I was thinking what you wrote.
                    "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

INDY DownForce has had bus trips including Milwaukee, Kentucky, Iowa, INDY 500 from Chicago and Kentucky. For 35.00 per person, Kentucky and Milwaukee have been very popular, Milwaukee in the past has been an overnight at a specified hotel (you pay your hotel) We leave from ICS offices and there is usually one pickup spot along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by gass View Post
                        INDY DownForce has had bus trips including Milwaukee, Kentucky, Iowa, INDY 500 from Chicago and Kentucky. For 35.00 per person, Kentucky and Milwaukee have been very popular, Milwaukee in the past has been an overnight at a specified hotel (you pay your hotel) We leave from ICS offices and there is usually one pickup spot along the way.
                        That sounds awesome! I remember seeing announcements on those now that you mention it, but never went.

$35 is a fine price for not dealing with Chicago traffic. It'd also be nice to save some gas $ to Iowa.
                        --

Comment

Count me in as long as you just take a slight detour and pick me up in Phoenix!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bean View Post

People tend to be nicer to each other in person. No hiding behind keyboards on a bus trip.

Comment

The bus would need "WIFI" so we could talk to each other about the other guy in the seat in fron of you about he is totaly wrong about his position on the bus.
                              Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X