Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVM to run in ALMS

http://www.racer.com/hvm-to-expand-t...rticle/180872/

Guess theres more money in there program then thought.
    In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

Something is up if you can go from not paying the rent to adding a team in another series.
    Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by The Stickman View Post
      Something is up if you can go from not paying the rent to adding a team in another series.
      They must have gotten some big money along the line
      In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

Comment

Wiggins stated that he believes the next three months are going to be crucial to forming the ALMS arm of HVM Racing. “Obviously, we've got the structure, we've got the necessary equipment and so we can hold the door open for a while to help us make the best possible choices. Then we'll have to pull the trigger to make sure we're ready in time for the Sebring 12 Hours [next March].”
        Still in the exploratory phase if you ask me.
        "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Wiggins
          I've always been someone who enjoyed technology and, to my mind, racing has always been about development, advancements, being cutting edge and being relevant. The ALMS is a natural fit for that. There's a lot of manufacturer interest, the cars are technically attractive with new technology, the TV package is strong and I just think the series has a good thing going.
          So in IndyCar you can't affort to open specs so Lola, Dallara and maybe full manuefactor competition can enter with various engine platforms, because the teams are so poor to support such competetion but now we have one of the smallest teams of that said series entering and taking up the challenge of ALMS prototype racing. How is this possible?

I would just hope Wiggins would burry the HVM moniker because that means nothing to OWR. He should bring back Pasific Racing IMO.

Comment

“I have no intention of leaving IndyCars,” Wiggins stated. “The U.S. open-wheel scene will always be a passion of mine. It's just that ALMS is another very attractive program out there, and I think it makes sense for our team not to have all its eggs in one basket. I've always been someone who enjoyed technology and, to my mind, racing has always been about development, advancements, being cutting edge and being relevant. The ALMS is a natural fit for that. There's a lot of manufacturer interest, the cars are technically attractive with new technology, the TV package is strong and I just think the series has a good thing going.”
            Seems like this is a hedge your best situation if HVM does end up going to ALMS. I'm sure he is one of the many smaller team owners worried about having the ability to front the capital for the new 2012 IICS engine/chassis formula.

Also, it seems like Wiggins is taking a jab at the irrelevance of the IICS versus ALMS with regards to development, technology, etc.
            "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Comment

Originally posted by The Stickman View Post
              Forget about the rent, even the phone wasn't paid...

But hey, all the power to him if he can pull it off...
              Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

“I have no intention of leaving IndyCars,” Wiggins stated. “The U.S. open-wheel scene will always be a passion of mine. It's just that ALMS is another very attractive program out there, and I think it makes sense for our team not to have all its eggs in one basket. I've always been someone who enjoyed technology and, to my mind, racing has always been about development, advancements, being cutting edge and being relevant. The ALMS is a natural fit for that. There's a lot of manufacturer interest, the cars are technically attractive with new technology, the TV package is strong and I just think the series has a good thing going.”

He's a funny man. Let's look at his reasons:
                a lot of manufacturer interest: ALMS: yes, Indycar: no
                the cars are technically attractive with new technology: ALMS: yes, Indycar: no
                the TV package is strong: ALMS: yes, Indycar: no

So what is he really saying?

Comment

The TV package is strong? They buy time, and have been talking about a condensed documentary format so they can buy less of it. I'm not getting how ALMS is so strong. It was looking like there might be an exodus of teams a year or two ago, and now they are strong?

Well, good... glad things are going so swimmingly.

I gather Wiggins is trying to raise money. Another aspect of the "silly season," lots of overly optimistic forward-looking assessments of future prospects by the usual cast of desperadoes. The future's so bright, I gotta wear (rose-colored) shades.
                  My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Motie View Post

He's a funny man. Let's look at his reasons:
                    a lot of manufacturer interest: ALMS: yes, Indycar: no
                    the cars are technically attractive with new technology: ALMS: yes, Indycar: no
                    the TV package is strong: ALMS: yes, Indycar: no

So what is he really saying?
                    2 races airing only as "docudramas" is a strong TV package?
                    Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

^^^

ALMS is rumored to be moving to Versus as well.
                      What happened?

Comment

now we have one of the smallest teams of that said series entering and taking up the challenge of ALMS prototype racing. How is this possible?
                        Pure speculation on my part:
                        Given his past ties, perhaps Keith is in the process of striking a deal with Lola to be the 'factory' team with the new for 2011 Lola LMP2 chassis as a marketing exercise to attract new buyers in the LMP2 category.
                        Ditto with Roush/Ford with their planned V6 turbo (or if we want to dream larger, with a factory that want to build a dual purpose LMP/ICS V6 turbo).
                        Bring along a driver or two with sponsor funding....
                        Voila, instant LMP2 team.

Hope it's a success. I'd love to see more LMPs in ALMS next year.
                        BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

I would be lot more excited if HVM announced they will field a second car to their Indy program.

Heck, forget any new program. I would just be thrilled to hear that they acquired a Dallara chassis that is less than 10 years old.
                          Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

Comment

Didn't HVM announce an Indy Lights team some years ago? What ever happened with that project?

Comment

Awesome!!

Hope they can find the sponsorship!! Would love to see Simona on a LMP!! I'll be cheerring for them at Mosport!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X