Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the town of Speedway re-development progressing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the town of Speedway re-development progressing?

Can you locals provide some information and photos?
    Thanks!
    "We are all speeding toward our deaths at 60 minutes an hour." Sid Collins on Race Day, 1964

bump
    "We are all speeding toward our deaths at 60 minutes an hour." Sid Collins on Race Day, 1964

Comment

http://www.townofspeedway.org/redevelopment/

Tell ya what, I'll go to the meeting on the 18th and report back
      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
      ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

They claim they will have neat-o curbs and a newly paved Main St. done from 10th to 16th by next May. It's supposedly on schedule, portions of it are done. The extension of Main to Crawfordsville Rd. hasn't been started. The re-alignment of 16th St hasn't been started. Georgetown Rd. is still open. The new roadway over the west end of the Coke lot joining Lynhurst and Moller hasn't been started. The 16th/Crawfordsville roundabout hasn't been started. The Holt. Rd roundabout hasn't been started. No buildings on Main St. have been updated. They all look the same. The dogleg rerouting Georgetown Rd. to 25th St. hasn't been started. Holt Rd. to 30th St. was scratched. The 4th leg into the roundabout from 16th st coming from the west was scratched. As of a month ago, the locals were hyperventilating because Dallara hadn't signed anything despite announcing they were building on Main St. some time ago. The building hasn't been started. The new Crawfordsville Rd/I-465 exits are under construction. The town did buy the vacant old Howard Johnson's just off the interstate and plan to demolish it soon. Twist n' Pup did open up at 16th & Lynhurst next to Pitstop Pam's Pizza. Good ice cream treats there. There have been many announcements of future announcements of future businesses coming to Main St. but nothing ever gets announced other than the bike shop/weapon mfg. co that announced they're moving from Main St. to the NW side. Yet every town meeting the redevelopment guy says things are "coming along great"

Comment

Very slowly. The twist and pup is closed. Its been that way for a while. The Mailroom closed a couple of months ago. The Speedway Corner store closed but knew it wouldn't do good on that corner(lynhusrt and 16th street). Pams Pizza is still making pizzas. Main street. It took them nearly six months to redue the section from 11th street to 13th street. That was done before the 500, after the 500 it took them another five weeks to finish main street to 10th street. After the brickyard they have been working on the rest of the road slowly. Freesaltwalther is pretty much dead on with the rest of the town. I'm sure it will be nice when its ever done. I believe I will go to the meeting too on the 18th

Comment

Originally posted by freesaltwalther View Post
            They claim they will have neat-o curbs and a newly paved Main St. done from 10th to 16th by next May. It's supposedly on schedule, portions of it are done. The extension of Main to Crawfordsville Rd. hasn't been started. The re-alignment of 16th St hasn't been started. Georgetown Rd. is still open. The new roadway over the west end of the Coke lot joining Lynhurst and Moller hasn't been started. The 16th/Crawfordsville roundabout hasn't been started. The Holt. Rd roundabout hasn't been started. No buildings on Main St. have been updated. They all look the same. The dogleg rerouting Georgetown Rd. to 25th St. hasn't been started. Holt Rd. to 30th St. was scratched. The 4th leg into the roundabout from 16th st coming from the west was scratched. As of a month ago, the locals were hyperventilating because Dallara hadn't signed anything despite announcing they were building on Main St. some time ago. The building hasn't been started. The new Crawfordsville Rd/I-465 exits are under construction. The town did buy the vacant old Howard Johnson's just off the interstate and plan to demolish it soon. Twist n' Pup did open up at 16th & Lynhurst next to Pitstop Pam's Pizza. Good ice cream treats there. There have been many announcements of future announcements of future businesses coming to Main St. but nothing ever gets announced other than the bike shop/weapon mfg. co that announced they're moving from Main St. to the NW side. Yet every town meeting the redevelopment guy says things are "coming along great"
            hojo's is contracted and will come down in october. main street demolition for dallara was big this week and will come down before a groundbreaking ceremony in november, i think, for dallara plant. main street does look nicer than it has in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by freesaltwalther View Post
              other than the bike shop/weapon mfg. co that announced they're moving from Main St. to the NW side
              You mean ZIPP? It's called "ZIPP Speed Weaponry," but I don't think I'd call them a weapon manufacturer...they just make high-end racing bike parts.

Comment

Looks like in the 5 years since it has been announced they are almost finished with the repaving of Main Street. When they announced this back in 2005 I pictured it being completely done or at least well underway before the 100th anniversary.

I don't live in Speedway but I am there at least once a week to attend church. Sadly outside of my donations to the church I spend zero dollars in the town of Speedway. Last time I tried the restaurant we wanted to patronize decided to be closed on Sundays.
                Thanks Downforce!

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13 View Post
                  http://www.townofspeedway.org/redevelopment/

Tell ya what, I'll go to the meeting on the 18th and report back

Comment

Have they finished demolishing the houses along Georgetown?
                    Last edited by IndyDog; 10-13-2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by f1_indy2000 View Post
                      Very slowly. The twist and pup is closed. Its been that way for a while.
                      The Twist & Pup is NOT CLOSED, and it has NOT been that way for a while!!... They only opened up this past April?!

They are currently open with Fall hours at 11 A.M. Tuesday thru Saturday! Try em' sometime for Lunch... Best Italian Beef in the State!!

Comment

Originally posted by crankin View Post
                        The Twist & Pup is NOT CLOSED, and it has NOT been that way for a while!!... They only opened up this past April?!

They are currently open with Fall hours at 11 A.M. Tuesday thru Saturday! Try em' sometime for Lunch... Best Italian Beef in the State!!
                        And real Coke in bottles! The Shakes are good, the people are nice, and they employed several very nice young people from Speedway over the summer.
                        Professor Joe
                        Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

Originally posted by f1_indy2000 View Post
                          The twist and pup is closed. Its been that way for a while.
                          The Twist And Pup was most decidedly open tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by crankin View Post

I keep wanting to try that Italian Beef.

I live in Speedway now, I will try it!

Comment

Welcome to the neighborhood, Lotus.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X