IZOD Rates IndyCar Season an "11"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IZOD Rates IndyCar Season an "11"

“On a 1-to-10 it’s an 11,” Kelly said. “It’s beyond what we expected from the beginning but we also put in more than we expected from the beginning. On a business level, the return on investment is off the charts. I can’t compare it with anything else we have going and in our corporation we have some amazing things going on in China and Europe, with Tommy Hilfiger and with Calvin Klein we have some very cool things. But on a product by product return for return basis this is by far our most productive effort. It’s unbelievable."

http://inside.izod.com/post/12990094...n-an-11?ref=nf

Reminds me of Spinal Tap guitar amps.

This has to be a bad thing...waiting for all the captains of industry to chime in....
    the man in expensive shoes

Comment

If only that enthusiasm would rub off on the "fans" of the sport.

Comment

He's the VP of marketing so of course he's going to say that. If it fails, he's out of a job.
        What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by indyandy View Post
          “On a 1-to-10 it’s an 11,” Kelly said. “It’s beyond what we expected from the beginning but we also put in more than we expected from the beginning. On a business level, the return on investment is off the charts. I can’t compare it with anything else we have going and in our corporation we have some amazing things going on in China and Europe, with Tommy Hilfiger and with Calvin Klein we have some very cool things. But on a product by product return for return basis this is by far our most productive effort. It’s unbelievable."

http://inside.izod.com/post/12990094...n-an-11?ref=nf

Reminds me of Spinal Tap guitar amps.
          http://cliffledevineyards.com/about/rock_blocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll7rWiY5obI
          “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

Anyone catch this????? VERY interesting. IBiI

“Year 2 is so important,â€‌ Kelly said. “We can’t have a bad meeting these days with potential sponsors. Like Verizon, the moves they are making, it’s pretty exciting stuff. We will see some cool stuff in the future. There is so much going on that we are a little bit handcuffed right now because there are so many good opportunities. We are being asked by other sponsors to co-spend and co-promote and there are so many of them and they are so powerful, we are trying to build a coalition around them. It gets a little harder when you are dancing with more partners but it is exactly the kind of thing that you want to see happen.

Comment

Originally posted by seeutrackside View Post
              He's the VP of marketing so of course he's going to say that. If it fails, he's out of a job.
              IN this economy, you walk if the numbers do not talk. I suspect he has the ROI back-up to his claims.
              “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

Since IZOD is off RHR's car, I'd love to see Phillips/Van Husen put Tommy Hilfiger on a car. They were making the uniforms for Ferrari in F1 for a while. Tommy has cool stuff, not as cool as Tommy Bahama, but cool none the less....
                the man in expensive shoes

Comment

I think 10 years from now we will look back at Mike Kelly as the guy who saved AOW. Nothing against RB, I believe he is part of the puzzle, but Kelly is passionate about the IICS and he backs it up with his corporate wallet. The guy is so excited about it!
                  "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
                  " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Originally posted by seeutrackside View Post
                    Well, he would have to be careful about BS-ing within the company, because people will know what the returns really are. One wouldn't want to trash one's own reputation, would one? I think he is really talking to his peers at other companies. He's saying, "This is awesome. We had no idea it would be so awesome! And we're doing so much cool co-brand-y, co-spendy stuff with other companies. You don't want to miss out on this." He's making a sales pitch to potential partners.
                    My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Comment

I don't know why we would trust anything which Mike Kelly says ; I haven't seen him posting and debating on an ongoing basis with the other experts on TF.

On a serious note, the reaction by IZOD and especially Kelly's comments regarding potential tie-ins with other sponsors is extremely good news and supports the belief that many here have , i.e. Indycar is on the right track and we all need to have a little patience as the planning starts to show results.

The universe is unfolding as it should.
                      The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable : John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by Formula Indy View Post
                        I think 10 years from now we will look back at Mike Kelly as the guy who saved AOW. Nothing against RB, I believe he is part of the puzzle, but Kelly is passionate about the IICS and he backs it up with his corporate wallet. The guy is so excited about it!
                        IZOD could very well be to Indycar what Winston was to NASCAR. Let's hope.
                        "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                        Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                        www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          I don't know why we would trust anything which Mike Kelly says ; I haven't seen him posting and debating on an ongoing basis with the other experts on TF.
                          Exactly.
                          Of course, he might have been thinking about 7/11 and the 11 car and misspoke about any success.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBoyinIndy View Post
                            Anyone catch this????? VERY interesting. IBiI

“Year 2 is so important,” Kelly said. “We can’t have a bad meeting these days with potential sponsors. Like Verizon, the moves they are making, it’s pretty exciting stuff. We will see some cool stuff in the future. There is so much going on that we are a little bit handcuffed right now because there are so many good opportunities. We are being asked by other sponsors to co-spend and co-promote and there are so many of them and they are so powerful, we are trying to build a coalition around them. It gets a little harder when you are dancing with more partners but it is exactly the kind of thing that you want to see happen.
                            That sounds very interesting. It also sounds like there are more companies besides Verizon that are looking to step up in a big way. BTW I bought my Izod shirts. Will be buying more. They are a great product.
                            Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by numrounofan View Post
                              Since IZOD is off RHR's car, I'd love to see Phillips/Van Husen put Tommy Hilfiger on a car.
                              It might be more fun if they put Tommy in the car.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X