Shane Hmiel accident in Terre Haute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Hmiel accident in Terre Haute

According to Pitfit's tweet Shane was in accident during a sprint car race at Terre Haute. He has been airlifted to Methodist.
    Last edited by MLAIRL; 10-09-2010, 08:40 PM.

That track is a man-eater-upper.

Canadian sprint driver Travis Rutz got hurt bad there over a year ago.

Hes still nowhere near 100%

Thoughts and prayers
    Live like Dave

Comment

Does not sound good. Best of wishes to Shane.

Comment

This is the USAC Sumar Classic for Silver Crown cars at the THAT 1/2 mile dirt track. Prayers go out to Shane at this time.
        Gregg Sebald

Comment

"Pop Off Valve" (Tony Johns) on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/SBPopOffValve

http://www.popoffvalve.com/2010/10/9...at-terre-haute
          "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
          ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

I hate the waiting to find out. All prayers to Shane and his family.
            IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
            --
            On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

My prayers are with him and his family.

Comment

His car cartwheeled and impacted the retaining wall, resulting in a catastrophic collapse of the car's roll cage.
                I really don't like that. A design issue? Manufacturing flaw? Old car? I would hope USAC is taking a close look at that thing to make sure it's not something that might be an issue with their other cars.
                "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

If I'm not mistaken it's been a long time since someone was badly hurt in a Silver Crown car.
                  "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
                  "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
                  "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

pressdog RT @nfoster4434: Jason Smith, Sr VP Race Oper. USAC said Shane Hmiel was airlifted to Methodist Hospital in Indy n arrived approx 15 min ago

Alliance24 Shane is stable but in critical condition. Please keep Shane and the Hmiel family in your thoughts and prayers

Comment

tracksideonline RT: @neckthai: Report say Shane Hmiel's roll cage hit the wall during end-over-end crash in qualifying; evac'ed to hospital.

PitFitTraining Here was Shane Hmiel getting her done Thursday. Trying to take our minds off things a little, hope you all enjoy. http://fb.me/HZ79DYVV
                      6 minutes ago via Facebook

PitFitTraining We started working with Shane Hmiel at start of September. Have never met a more likeable, straight forward driver. Be OK

Comment

I heard Shane's stable, but critical. Hoping for the best.

EDIT: I see someone else already posted this. Sorry.
                        IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
                        --
                        On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Comment

Per wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Hmiel

Shane Hmiel was involved in an accident on October 9th in A Dirt Late Model where the roll cage caved in, he has been airlifted to hospital and the situation is described as grave.

I hope the reports of stable but critical are correct. Still a bad situation, but they seem more hopeful.

Comment

So was it a Late Model or a Silver Crown?
                            "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Silver Crown.
                              "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                              ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X