Bronze Badge Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronze Badge Questions

Hey guys, quick Bronze Badge questions for next year’s 500. If I want to buy two bronze badges, one each for the wife and I, do we both need to come up to the IMS office to do so? They have to be applied for in person, right? So each member of my family wanting one has to go up[ there? How difficult is the process, and how far in advance should I look to go and grab it?

Second question, you can’t use a bronze badge for another person, right? Say, if my dad wants to go with me and the wife is staying home, he can’t use her badge, right?

Thanks in advance!
    IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
    --
    On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

Yes, and you go to the credential office. Also PM sent
    "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
    " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Thanks!
      IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
      --

Comment

You can apply online or over the phone and IMS will send you the paperwork that needs to be completed and they can send the badges then, IIRC. However, if you've never applied for a badge before, you won't be able to apply until next March or so. Previous badge holders get priority, but I don't think there's a shortage. If you're worried about it getting lost in the mail, its about a 5-10 minute process at the ticket office.
        Last edited by Sybil D. Sobydianz; 12-05-2010, 04:42 PM.
        It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

As mentioned above, you can order bronze badges online. My renewal form is sent automatically to me every year. You can only order two bronze badges per address. I do not know why that limit exisits.

Comment

Now that I live just west of Speedway, I definitely need to make this a priority to get one. I have been thining about it for a couple years now, but just have not made it happen.

Comment

Thanks, guys. It sounds like it might be worth it to just go down there in person, once I'm eligible.

Where is the credential office at the Speedway? I've never had occasion to visit.
              --

Comment

The Credential Office is in the Administration Building on the corner of 16th & Georgetown...NOT the Hall of Fame Museum Building.
                So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

It's more a issue of liability for the Speedway. The 3rd party would not have signed the Speedway's hold-harmless paperwork.

As a side note, once upon a time you could share purchased bronze badges. The Speedway used to give you a multi-line hold-harmless agreement that you promised to have everyone that used the badge sign and then you were required to mail it back to IMS within a certain time frame... or no badge for the next year. Needless to say, I have a feeling that IMS's risk management department wasn't too happy about that "honor system" arrangement.

Comment

I read on here about people getting Bronze Badge order forms automatically sent to them. I have a freind who got his first one last year and loved it. How many years does he have to order to get an auto renewal form?

Comment

Originally posted by voice_of_reason View Post
                      I read on here about people getting Bronze Badge order forms automatically sent to them. I have a freind who got his first one last year and loved it. How many years does he have to order to get an auto renewal form?
                      Generally one year.

Comment

Originally posted by indyrjc View Post
                        Generally one year.
                        Okay. Should he have gotten it by now?

Comment

I usually get my application in March.

Comment

How much do they cost? and as a first time buyer i need to go to the ticket office bldg to apply...right?
                            Follow me, @skcoop80 on Twitter to read about stuff you probably already know...indycar, fishing, jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by skcoop80 View Post
                              How much do they cost? and as a first time buyer i need to go to the ticket office bldg to apply...right?
                              40 years ago the pass was for 3 weeks of practice and 4 days of qualifications and cost $10 dollars - it was the only way one could go to carb day.

Last year, it was $100 - who knows what the 2011 will cost.
                              Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X