Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spy pitchurs of Cottman's newest Indycar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spy pitchurs of Cottman's newest Indycar!

No engine specs yet but it sure LOOKS cool!

http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-radio-...wpisrc=nl_wonk

ZOOOM
    "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
    James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Hey that is pretty cool!
    "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
    " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Perfect platform for the proposed engine .....

Comment

Tripple expansion engines are so cool!
        The first piston is small and is fed the higest pressure steam. When it is exhausted at a lower presure it is fed into a larger diameter piston at a lower presure. Then that cylinder exhausts to a larger still cylinder which uses all the rest of the left over steam.
        You get to use the same steam three times on the same shaft.

ZOOOM
        "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
        James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

Not to hijack this thread any further but have you seen or heard about Ilmor's "6-cycle" engine they've been working on?

Comment

Ilmor's experimental engine (unveiled last year) is a 5 stroke.
            "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
              Ilmor's experimental engine (unveiled last year) is a 5 stroke.
              What are the five strokes?

Intake, Compression, Power, X factor?, Exhaust
              Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Didn't Isky make a cam years ago that made your engine into a 5-cycle?
                "It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion for law. This is the usual form in which masses of men exhibit their tyranny." - James Fenimore Cooper

"One man with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by fivehundred2go View Post
                  What are the five strokes?

Intake, Compression, Power, X factor?, Exhaust

Intake, compression, power, power, exhaust.

It's an inline-four that is really only two. The two outer cylinders fire and then exhaust into the two inner cylinders which then get a bit more work out of the hot gas before exhausting it out the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by jcolbert View Post
                    It's an inline-four that is really only two. The two outer cylinders fire and then exhaust into the two inner cylinders....
                    I believe it's a 3-cylinder engine.
                    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Here's an explanation with drawings of the Ilmor 5 stroke ... it is 3 cylinders, with the center cylinder used to re-use the exhaust gases from the outer two cylinders.

http://www.ilmor.co.uk/concept_5-stroke_2.php

Comment

Originally posted by BadazzZ06 View Post
                        Here's an explanation with drawings of the Ilmor 5 stroke ... it is 3 cylinders, with the center cylinder used to re-use the exhaust gases from the outer two cylinders.

http://www.ilmor.co.uk/concept_5-stroke_2.php
                        I need to start fact checking my posts. Too much education really can fry your brain kids.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X