Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else worried about Vegas?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone else worried about Vegas?

    I get the feeling that something has gone wrong. If it was the 2-day street course/oval concept, then I could understand the amount of time it is taking due to the logistics involved. But my understanding was that they wouldn't be doing that until 2012.

    I can't believe it really takes so long to negotiate a deal for a race on the oval. The only possible roadblock I can think of is that they are having trouble finding some 3rd party funding (either a sponsor or money from the City).

  • #2
    I think it will happen. Randy made Milwaukee happen because the fans wanted it. HE wants Vegas, so I guarantee he will exhaust every option he has to make it happen.

    Comment


    • #3
      Both Randy and Bruton are tight with the LVCVB I think it will happen. Plus, I think the BIG sponsor that is suposedly to be announced soon will be the LVCVB coming on-board.

      Comment


      • #4
        Why worry about something you have absolutely no control over? If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.

        Comment


        • #5
          Because this is Track Forum?

          After living through CART, Champcar and IRL, I wont panic until the week before it's supposed to run. I'll take the "Dale Coyne driver announcement" angle
          “Anything is possible if you don’t know what you’re talking about.”
          -unknown

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bblocker68 View Post
            Because this is Track Forum?

            After living through CART, Champcar and IRL, I wont panic until the week before it's supposed to run. I'll take the "Dale Coyne driver announcement" angle

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by stnkypete View Post
              Why worry about something you have absolutely no control over? If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.
              ...if it doesn't there is peach ice cream and cherry pie waiting in the fridge for dessert tonight...Super DIRT Week for modifieds at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse...a 20 mile bike ride tomorrow in spectacular October weather to follow up the 20 miler I did today...life is good
              "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

              Comment


              • #8
                If Vegas doesn't happen, Bernard will look like a joke

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nothing surprises me in this industry, but I am confident it will happen. There is no reason to think that it won't. A blossoming relationship between Bruton and Randy, and Randy's love affair with Vegas are sure to see it on the schedule. These things take time and there is so much up in the air right now in the series that it isn't a surprise at all that it is taking this long.
                  "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TUBORG-fan View Post
                    If Vegas doesn't happen, Bernard will look like a joke
                    I don't know that he would like a joke but I think it would be viewed as his first failure since taking over the leadership.
                    "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes, it would be his first "Heitzler Trophy".

                      Hey, I need to coin that phrase.
                      Last edited by bblocker68; 10-08-2010, 04:25 PM.
                      “Anything is possible if you don’t know what you’re talking about.”
                      -unknown

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm confident it'll happen. Bruton and Randy are in a good spot to make it so.
                        IndyCar Advocate: A blog about enjoying the best sport in the world! Stop on by!
                        --
                        On Twitter as @indycaradvocate

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          They may be working on a mutually acceptable date. LVMS hosts a major NHRA event on the last weekend in October. They may be trying to set a date far enough away from that and that does not conflict with any other Vegas Events or Indycar events. It would nice if the season were extended a bit, but then you run into the NHRA thing.
                          A good race driver, given adequate seat time, can drive any well prepared racecar on any track surface or configuration at competitive speeds. Remember, I said a GOOD race driver!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Last week on Mike King's podcast, Mike asked Randy about Las Vegas. Randy said, if he gets his way, Las Vegas will happen. IMO, I don't think he would have said that, if it wasn't going to happen. Randy also said, they have several announcements to make, but he wanted to wait until after the Championship, so not to take the attention away from Dario and Will. Randy also said, they wanted to spread out the announcements, so to maximize the exposure.

                            Keep in mind, there are 5 and a half months until the start of next season. There is nothing wrong with waiting a week after the Championship to start making the announcements. You have to keep in mind what is going to be announced.

                            The Engine Rules
                            The Chassis Rules
                            The Finale - Las Vegas or Fontana
                            The Rumored Big New Sponsor
                            Randy Bernard's Plan
                            The Ladder System Plan
                            New Engine Manufacturers

                            If you are going to spread these announcements out, the teams need to know the engine and chassis rules first, ASAP, so you are going to have to wait for some of the other announcements. Patients!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Indymarlin View Post
                              Last week on Mike King's podcast, Mike asked Randy about Las Vegas. Randy said, if he gets his way, Las Vegas will happen. IMO, I don't think he would have said that, if it wasn't going to happen. Randy also said, they have several announcements to make, but he wanted to wait until after the Championship, so not to take the attention away from Dario and Will. Randy also said, they wanted to spread out the announcements, so to maximize the exposure.

                              Keep in mind, there are 5 and a half months until the start of next season. There is nothing wrong with waiting a week after the Championship to start making the announcements. You have to keep in mind what is going to be announced.

                              The Engine Rules
                              The Chassis Rules
                              The Finale - Las Vegas or Fontana
                              The Rumored Big New Sponsor
                              Randy Bernard's Plan
                              The Ladder System Plan
                              New Engine Manufacturers

                              If you are going to spread these announcements out, the teams need to know the engine and chassis rules first, ASAP, so you are going to have to wait for some of the other announcements. Patients!!!
                              I agree they are planning out the annoucing of things well so as to get the most exposure and keeping fans interested during the off season.
                              Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X