Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gauntlet Has Been Laid Down

Tony Cottman says:

"Whether it's through engine, transmission, drivetrain or just the overall aerodynamic efficiency of the vehicle in its shape and design, the 2012 car will far outperform the current vehicle."

I'm excited of the thought that the new car will "far outperform" the old one.

With 550 horse for the ovals and "up to" 700 on the road courses do you guys think it really will?
    "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
    Tony Cottman says:

"Whether it's through engine, transmission, drivetrain or just the overall aerodynamic efficiency of the vehicle in its shape and design, the 2012 car will far outperform the current vehicle."

I'm excited of the thought that the new car will "far outperform" the old one.

With 550 horse for the ovals and "up to" 700 on the road courses do you guys think it really will?
    The real question is will it make a difference in terms of popularity...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan View Post
      That would have to be the assumption. We won't know the answer until the new cars arrive though.

Comment

It's going to be lighter and have less drag, so yes it will. On street courses, the HP/Weight ratio will be very close to an F1 car. On oval, the HP/Weight ratio will be slightly higher than the current car. If they can reduce the drag generated by 200-300 lbs, then these cars will FAR outperform the current cars.
        Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan View Post
          If the racing improves it will obviously improve the popularity. The problem is it will not be an overnight jump that some expect it to be. And when it doesn't jump overnight, some others will quickly call it a failure.

Comment

I remember reading that the power to weight ratio of the new car in the street and road configuration will equal the power to weight ratios of the 1000 horsepower days of yesteryear.

Comment

Originally posted by jcmark611 View Post
              these cars will FAR outperform the current cars.
              Want to put some money on that?
              "Try some of these before or after your statements if you are not presenting them as facts. Things like - "In my opinion", or "I think that", JHMO, IMHO, IMO, JMO... Your opinions are not (necessarily) fact. That would clear things up some." - Seadog 03/25/2010 11:40am So the above is JMO.

Comment

Depends on your definition of far and performance.
                Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
                  Want to put some money on that?
                  So you started a thread with an almost positive tone only to go negative within a half-hour when someone agrees with it. Shocking.
                  Eff LBD!

Comment

Originally posted by Buellboy View Post
                    I remember reading that the power to weight ratio of the new car in the street and road configuration will equal the power to weight ratios of the 1000 horsepower days of yesteryear.
                    How cool would that be??!!
                    “Anything is possible if you don’t know what you’re talking about.”
                    -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by mstove View Post
                      So you started a thread with an almost positive tone only to go negative within a half-hour when someone agrees with it. Shocking.
                      And somebody jumps into the thread to point it out. Shocking.

Who's being negative? jcmark thinks it will far outperform the current car. Why is it I offer up a bet and you think I am being negative? How do you know I don't think it will only be on par or slightly better as opposed to far outperforming.

Why don't you go back and hide out in your off topic hiding place and bring your spin with you. We talk racing in these circles.

Comment

Originally posted by jcmark611 View Post
                        Depends on your definition of far and performance.
                        Shouldn't it depend on what your definition is?

Comment

Man, I just watched a video on youtube with the old 1996 CART spec cars. WOW these cars look FAST, I sure hope the 2012 cars look as racy as the mid 1990 CART cars did.

And it will be nice to see a more powefull car at the road courses!

So far, I think Cotman has done a good job

Comment

From the blog that came from tehy are planning on making the tunnels much larger, so wings will be more for tuning the downforce. That should help things. They are also working very hard on the cockpit area. They want to get all the little things right for safety, comfort and getting in and out. He also said there will be no onboard starters. To much weight, and not reliable enough. ANd the really good systems are far to costly. But that being said they want an Anti-stall system that way there is less need for yellows to get a stalled car.
                            Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Yup.

Anti-stall = Launch Control.

Standing starts are coming for the roadies.
                              “Anything is possible if you don’t know what you’re talking about.”
                              -unknown

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X